Philadelphia Phillies Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by DawkinsINT, Oct 16, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I just realized...The Diamondbacks stole our hashtag from 2021 #EmbraceTheChaos

All the Mariners tweets from that time now have the DBacks logo.

Don't let up. Destroy them...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Really? They stole a hashtag from only 2 years ago? Wow.

TJ likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

Phils lose 2-1. Only 3 hits is the main reason but Kimbrel can not be trusted as a closer. It’s a frustrating loss but they are still the better team.

TJ likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

I hate Kimbrel so much. He’s going to single handedly get us eliminated. Such a tough loss to stomach.

TJ likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

Solid 6-1 victory last night puts me at much more ease. Monster shots by Schwarber & Harper and a 2-run jack by Realmuto. Wheeler was Wheeler and we're up 3-2 and going back to Philly. Hopefully Nola can continue his postseason dominance and wrap it up on Monday.

TJ likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

Major dud by the Phils tonight. Game 7 tomorrow. First time in their 141 year history that they will play a game 7. Hard to believe.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

First game 7 in franchise history? That's amazing!! Even the M's that have only been around for less than 50 years already have a couple game 7s.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

So disappointed that the Phils went out with a whimper. What really stings is that they beat themselves more than the Diamondbacks did. I cannot believe how many pitches out of the strike zone they were swinging at. The inconsistency of this team hurt them all year so I shouldn’t be too shocked. It was a fun last month though.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm sorry, Dawk. I'll have to root for the DBacks as Texas is a division rival. Just know that I feel bad about it.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

I have to root for the D-Backs as most Rangers fans are Cowboys fans. :wink:

TJ likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Haha!! You're right about that.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. DawkinsINT

Nola just re-signed for 7 years. That's way longer than I would have wanted but hopefully it's all frontloaded and won't hurt them in 3-4 years. He pitches so many innings that I think he'll fall off of a cliff fairly quickly when he does.

TJ likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

Phils season opener is today and it couldn't be against a bigger rival, the Braves. Atlanta has owned them in the regular season the past few years and has run away with the division. Spencer Strider is on the hill for Atlanta. He's 8-0 with 1.90 ERA against us in the regular season. This year we come in healthy and hopefully avoid the slow starts that we have been having. It would be really nice if we can take 2 of 3 to begin the season.

TJ likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

What a disasterous start to the season. Zach Wheeler was so good with 6 shutout innings and then the bullpen imploded. The Braves have a great lineup for sure but the pen issuing 4 walks in an inning is unforgivable. Oh well....it's only one game I guess.

15. DawkinsINT

Phils were able to salvage one game in the series and Harper appears to be ok. Not horrible all things considered.

TJ likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

Now 1-3, all at home. The bats are cold to start the season. Every year it’s this same old story in April.

17. DawkinsINT

After starting the season 0-11, Harper went off last night. 3 HR's including a grand slam. That was great to see.

TJ likes this.
  18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Thoughts on the Phillies city connect uniforms? I kind of like them.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

I don't like them based on the pics that I have seen. The font used for the numbers is hideous. They may look better in game action though. We'll see next Friday when they wear them.

TJ likes this.
  20. DawkinsINT

7 wins in a row. First time they have won that many in a streak during April since 1958. It's been against garbage teams for the most part (Rockies, White Sox, Reds) but that is who they typically have lost to in recent Aprils. Harper is really struggling at the plate though. I can't wait to see him get going because I'm tired of hearing about it on Philly sports talk radio.

TJ likes this.