The 2024 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 30, 2024.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Whoa...can't believe it's already here. Avoiding all the coverage and mock drafts made the time go by very fast....

On the flip side, I have no idea who are the good prospects besides de QBs and the college mega stars...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The Eagles drafted CB Quinyon Mitchell. He's a small school player coming from Toledo and I don't know much about him. Apparently he really moved up boards due to being challenged by Mike Tomlin at the Senior Bowl to show he can play against the top WRs from top schools, and then shutting them all down. I hope he ends up being the real deal with our aging corners and all the good wideouts in the division.

The Falcons taking a QB was a real headscratcher and it appears that Cousins is upset about it. Unreal how many QBs were taken so early. Personally I hope they all end up being mediocre.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, the Falcons pick was strange. They were trying to copy the Packers model, "draft a QB when you don't need one", only problem is that he'll be like 28 by the time Cousins' contract runs out.

Micah Parsons was in shambles when the Eagles made their pick. Mitchell was his favorite player in the draft and while he didn't expect him to land in Dallas, he didn't expect him to go to Philly either. I hate the fact that I know this.

As for the Cowboys, as expected we took a tackle to cover Tyron Smith's departure. This team can develop OL so I'm not too worried about it, and now I hope we can focus on defense the rest of the draft.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Also, Micah really wants to be an Eagle. :smile:

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The way things are going, you might get a chance two years from now. Or three if we use the franchise tag.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

Eagles appeared to have had a solid draft on paper. We'll see in 3 years.

Zeke back with the Boys?

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Zeke reunion rumors started swinging at the beginning of last week. After the draft came and went and we took no RB, I knew it was a matter of time.

Look, it's only 3 million for a year. Even the broke Jones boys can afford that. Whatever he has left in the tank will be helpful for us.

Speaking of the draft, I'm happy with it. I'll never question Will McClay again after 2014 (I wanted Johnny Manziel, he drafted a HOF guard, and I was mad about it for months...until it was clear Manziel was a bust, at least). I accept I know nothing about it, but the way I understand it, we might have got the steal of the draft with (drum roll please) a center/guard named Bebee that already is being called "Baby Zack". So yeah, all in all a good draft, like the last decade and a half. Now let's see when their rookie contracts finish. That's when problem starts usually.

DawkinsINT likes this.