2024 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by DawkinsINT, Apr 23, 2024.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Sixers with an all-time choke job in the final seconds last night to fall behind 2-0 to the Knicks. While I can't believe the offiicials did not see Nick Nurse twice calling timeout, they lost because they were outhustled.

There is no 3rd player that stepped up to help out Embiid & Maxey. It is left that Tobias Harris has a max contract. He brings nothing on offense in big games. I'm so glad this is his last year.

The series is not over but with how close these teams are, last night is a tough one to overcome. We'll see what they are made of.

I haven't watched any of the series'.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hi, I'm TJ and back in the day, when basketball was basketball, I used to be a Knicks fan.

Ohh...we're the 2 seed in the East? And we're ahead 2-0 in round 1?

LET'S GO KNICKS!!! LET'S GO KNICKS!!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

Great game by Embiid and his 50 points to take Game 3, but he is still very unlikeable to me. I think more about his attempted pull down of Robinson than all the good that he did on the court. That was a punk move and he's done things like that many times in the past. He's a baby and as well as he's played this year when healthy, he's still doesn't have the heart of a winner. It's a shame because he has a ton of talent. I will continue to root for him though and hope he changes his ways.

TJ likes this.
  4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  5. DawkinsINT

What a great game you went to, Chump. Looked like a blast. For some reason I was thinking that you were a Heat fan.

6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Nope, Magic fan.

Although you probably remember I took a flyer on the Heat last year at +4500 to win the East while they were still in the play-in game.

My $10 came back $450 and basically funded my entire NFL betting season.

So thank you, Jimmy Butler!

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  7. DawkinsINT

Same old Embiid yesterday. in the 4th quarter of this series he is 3-18 from the field. The dude just is not a winner.

8. DawkinsINT

What a shot/game by Maxey last night. Knicks will most likely still win the series but that was an awesome moment. Very Reggie Miller like. I can't believe that tomorrow's Game 6 doesn't start until 9pm ET. Both teams are east coast. Awful.

TJ likes this.
  9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Great opening round series between the two teams that have historically suffered an immeasurable amount of heartbreak. Why do I have the feeling more is coming?

Speaking of great opening series, not to be outdone is Orlando-Cleveland.

Here's my take on the night Franz Wagner should have gone up with his left hand...

Franz Wagner and the Lost Art of the Left-Handed Lay-Up - Sports Chump

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

Nice job by Tobias Harris to score zero points in an elimination game at home. Thank God he and his max contract are gone. He's so soft. Knicks outplayed the Sixers and showed what team ball is all about. Hopefully next year the Sixers don't repeat the same strategy of two players moving and the rest standing around watching. I'm glad they ended the pain in the first round this year instead of the elongated standard second round oust.

Good luck to your Knicks going forward, Teej.

TJ likes this.
  11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Agreed.

Absolutely pathetic performance from Tobias the entire series.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ok, I'm officially back on the bandwagon. Just ordered my Brunson jersey and all XD.

DawkinsINT likes this.