Vote: Jim Brown Award for July (Top Blogger)

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Sweets, Jul 28, 2007.

?

Who should win the Jim Brown Award for July

Poll closed Jul 31, 2007.
  1. PSID412USM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. RaiderHater

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Monietooth

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Chrisbob

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Sweets

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. TJ

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. WOODDRIVER

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. Stockers

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. RetroDan#16

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. jagfangirl27

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. bengalmaniac

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. WarEagle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. TDJets72027

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. wide right

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Platoon86

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  16. Steverobwhatever

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

[​IMG]Jim Brown Award
    Top NFL Blogger for the month. The winner of this award goes to someone who has excelled with their NFL blog on the site.

Ok people, voting is open until Tuesday July 31st @ 11:59 PM Pacific time.

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Stockers page hits is #1 with 68,066. Monietooth is 2nd with 3039. I'm 3rd with 2400. That's a huge difference. I don't know what you're doing to get hits like that but congrats you got my vote. Oh, and it's well written too. I vote Stockers.

3. Monietooth

Monietooth Starter

I think there's a glitch tbh - he went from a few hundred to 68,000 and if you look at each entry none of them has over 200 views individually..

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I really should read the blogs more than I do, but I've always enjoyed Chrisbob's.

5. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

I voted stockers, i really like his ravens blogs

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Sweets for the yummies.

7. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

It's possible there is a glitch but views on individual articles don't match up with with total views shown in the directory. I think views for each individual article are people who have viewed on thsi site and the total views on the directory is people viewing here and via RSS feeds as well as guest views.

If Stockers has put his blog up on a very busy Ravens site and plenty of people have looked, it's not impossible that he's had a massive boost in his hits.

8. Monietooth

Monietooth Starter

Either way it strikes me as a little ridiculous that people are judging blogs based on the fact that one has 65,000 hits more than any other one on the site.

One would suggest that his blog isn't 2200% better than any other blog.

Edit - the other reason i suspect it's a glitch is it hasn't gone up since it first hit 68k.. If he'd posted it somewhere with a massive turnout surely the views wouldn't dramatically cease after such a huge peak..?

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I voted for the one that I thought was the best, not necessarily the most popular by views...

10. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

True dat!

11. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

:agreed:

12. Stockers

Stockers Duck Fuke

No idea what's up with my number of hits, didn't realise it'd jumped so much. Just been advertising it on Ravens and Terps fan groups I'm part of so have had more hits in the last few weeks.

My vote for this month goes to ChrisBob with particular note to his Freeney article which I felt justified the Colts decision very well. (Though I still think it's a ridiculous overspend. ;))

13. Paul33

Paul33 Guest

It just has to be Monietooth for me, I just loved his prose on Bryant McKinnie.

The man is a genius.

14. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Congrats Stockers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.