GIF All NFL Mock Draft Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by misfitz, Jul 23, 2007.

1. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I wanted Westbrook, but he was gone by the time I picked.

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Kinda hard to take Brian Westbrook when I took him with my first pick and what difference does it make who someone picks, I'd pick Reggie over Parker too.

3. JGleas

JGleas Draft Network Access

Reggie Bush last season:
    565 Rushing Yards, 3.6 AYPC, 6 Rushing TD's, 88 Receptions, 742 Receiving Yards, 2 Receiving TD's
    Willie Parker last season:
    1494 Rushing Yards, 4.4 AYPC, 13 Rushing TD's, 31 Receptions, 222 Receiving Yards, 3 Receiving TD's

Willie Parker is a proven runner in this league, whereas, all Bush has proven is that he can catch. Behind a very good Offensive Line, and a great passing game which prevents defenses from stacking the box, Reggie has yet to do anything as a Runner in the NFL. Also:
    Reggie Bush's carries over 20 Yards: 0
    Willie Parker's carries over 20 Yards: 12

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

You're comparing a rookie RB to a 3 year vet....:icon_rolleyes: Parker available since you love him so much I guess he'll be your next pick

5. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Bush will show the Haters why he is a running back this year. And continue to be a versatile threat all over the field.

6. JGleas

I'm not saying Bush will never be great. I'm just showing that Willie Parker is already a dominate Running Back in this league, and he did that in his 2nd year in the league as well.

Also, making the transition from college to NFL for a Running Back isn't much. All you have to do is learn a new playbook and learn how to better yourself as a blocker. Work on your technique a bit if there are flaws too it, but there is little difference. It's not like were talking about Quarterbacks here. The plain and simple face is as a rookie, Reggie Bush was literally shut down as a Runner and that is the plain and simple truth.

7. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

How I got Leonard Little is beyond me. He's still a great pass rusher so I'm happy to have him.:icon_cool:

8. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

SOmebody stole Meco... I don't remember who... :icon_sad:

9. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

that would be me.... need a good young linebacker to center my defense around

10. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

You could always get Mario:icon_lol:

11. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Maybe later

12. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

there is a whole heck of alot of missed picks we should determine if people are missing their picks all the time or just once in a while and if they are missing all the time maybe they just don't have time for this game.

13. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

JGleas took Henderson just before I picked, I was gonna take him too. Good Pick.

14. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

ok so i got a msg from someone and they wanted to know if you make a pick and you realize that person is hurt or is going to be missing time or if you just plain screwed up if your allowed to release that player and select someone else.

If anyone wanted the released player they could always draft them.....

Personally i like the idea its never really been brought up but i think its fair

what do you guys(and girls) think

15. JGleas

Thank you. I was about to select Terrell Suggs with my next pick and move him to Defensive End. O well, I have a very nice sleeper to play opposite of Will Smith.

16. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

He was too valuable, a great steal.:icon_cool:

17. JGleas

Just wondering, why are you running a 3-4 defense and sticking Little and Suggs at DE? First off, Suggs is an ideal 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB, not a 3-4 DE though. Little is an excellent 4-3 DE, but no 3-4 DE. Either stick thoes guys are OLB or change your defensive scheme (I better get a thanks too because your team would stand no chance of winning if you kept the same system).

18. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I've had that in mind, I probably am going to switch my system.

19. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I think if someone takes an injured player, tough, but allow them to swap after the end of the draft. I took Terrence Newman early and he has picked up a knock that may or may not hinder him this year but I'll have to live with it.

20. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

just wanted to say i will be going away on a trip for my company mon thru thursday this week and will not be logging on to try and help keep the game moving by announcing who is on the clock.

so please all try and check in when you think you pick is comiing up make your selection and then annjounce who is next