Cards WR Anquan Boldin: "No More Excuses"

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Platoon 86, Sep 2, 2007.

1. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

That's cool...close game...good defensive play...niner W...see you in the desert.

2. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

I really just don't believe you guys have the better team. You didn't show a thing last night, both teams played poorly, you guys just had the ball last. That was the only difference in the game. If Eric Green had the common sense to push the ball out of the endzone we'd be the team that's 1-0.

It was a good game, and an incredibly disappointing loss for us, but I still think we have the better team. If you guys keep it as close as we did when you come to AZ I might think differently, but for now, for us to have basically won the game minus 1 drive at the end, in SF on your home opener on Bill Walsh night is more impressive than you guys winning in the last seconds because our CB tried to pick up a fumble in the endzone.

3. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

not by any stretch of the imagination.

arizona has to be one of the most disappointing teams i've ever seen - ever year they're touted as being a 'surprise/sleeper/up and coming' team, and every year they manage to not do anything. however, it is a positive that edgerrin james averaged more than 2 ypc over 20+ carries.

4. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Not our fault if you have dumb players... :icon_twisted:

5. P16

I was a great game. Maybe not pretty, but it was a nailbiter, and one of the more heartbreaking losses I've witnessed as a Cardinal fan (and I'm sure one of the better wins as a Niner fan in the last few years, regardless of how badly either of us played) That was an incredibly important game for both teams, was close the whole time and came down to the final play. How is that not a great game?

Yeah, but that's not the point I was making, it was just an example of how a single boneheaded play was enough to decide the entire outcome of the game.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

It was a boring, ugly game 16, I don't know what game you were watching. On paper you have the better team, better WRs etc. but last night no matter what you say, we had the better team and the only reason we had the ball last was because Shawntae Spencer was the better player to take that pass away..

It wasn't one single play, there were plays throughout the game and switched the winner over and over.

7. P16

It was an ugly game, but how was it boring? The very fact that there were plays throughout the game that switched the winner over and over made it a good game. Sure, both our offenses looked bad, but both our defenses (especially secondaries) looked fantastic. You guys have an absolute stud in Willis, that guys gonna be a pro bowler for the next 10 years. I wasn't bored at all last night, I was bitting my nails to the bone anticipating every single play.

Oh, and you're right, it wasn't one single play. I was just saying the game was close enough the whole time where one missed opportunity at the end cost us a win.

8. GawdZeeRaa

GawdZeeRaa Calm Like a Bomb

Both defenses showed up to play last night. If anything, I'd be more pissed at Clancy Pendergast than Eric Green, because it shouldn't have even come to that. Prevent??? Are you kidding me? When the crazy blitz packages have been forcing 3-and-outs all night?

I couldn't believe how well you guys stuffed the run in the second half, and on the flip side, I was amazed that Fitz and Boldin only ended up with 42 yards between the two of 'em. They've both usually got single catches that long against us. Great defensive effort on both sides, but Smith stepped up when it counted; you can't deny that.

See ya in November, mate...

9. P16

Good point, can't disagree. yeah looking forward to the rematch in Nov.

10. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I'm with you on that point. I got up at 4am to watch this game and I didn't think about going back to bed one single time. I was sitting on the edge of my couch for more than 3 hours, hoping the 49ers would be victorious at the end. Great feeling!

11. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

A win is a win, and our 1-0 record tells us we're the better team...

so much for a 4 game win streak....

say hello to last place yet again 16...

12. buck

buck Lurker

The ARI vs. SF game was one absolutely poor-ass game (esp. regarding offense).

Both teams need a QB who's head ISN'T full of dog-feces.

IMO, If ARI wants Leinart to ever be worth a crap (good luck), they should let him ride the sideline and observe Warner for a season.

The only reason I stuck through the 2nd half is because Gore is on my Fantasy team...but due to Alex Smith's POOR passing skills, ARI brought the 5-2 run-blitz and layed Gore down.

The 49er TD to win the game was a very good play-call, though.

13. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Arnaz Battle is a savage...and as I pointed out in the 49ers official thread, he's set to have a breakout year this year....they should be using him to return punts and get that pathetic piece of trash (brandon williams) out of there for good..