Barry Sanders = GOAT

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Monietooth, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Monietooth

Monietooth Starter

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He's the most skilled as a runner, but I'm not sure about greatest ever. Jim Brown had power in addition to moves.

3. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

He's definitely the greatest back I've ever seen. Of course, I'm just a kid. :rolleyes:

4. Monietooth

Monietooth Starter

So did Barry, check out the article, it debunks a lot of his 'negatives'.

5. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Barry is the best..period..end o story...

6. Spiderman34

Spiderman34 Starter

Never saw Payton or Brown.. but from 91ish on Barry was the best imo.

The only knock on Barry that I can think of is that he wasn't the fastest back there was.. but he could change gears quicker than anyone I've seen.

7. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

The dude was so freaking fast it was unbelievable to watch in person....his ability to accel out of a cut is unmatched..never will be..

8. Spiderman34

Spiderman34 Starter

My favorite is what he did to John Lynch at the 3 minute mark...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yifWMmU7cSM"]YouTube - Barry Sanders!![/ame]

9. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

:icon_cheesygrin: Hilarious watching defenders play their position perfect,and still getting deked out of their jockstraps. What moves! No one ever has run like that. Just think how good he would have been on a good team. Probably the best back of all time.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Barry Sanders is a QUITTER in my book...that's why I have absolutely no respect for him...

11. Monietooth

Monietooth Starter

Wow, that's some prize winning bullcrap right there.

12. Barry was not the best back of all time....he was not the total package....thats why when the team was on the goal line he was not in the game....he was the best scat back eric metcalf of all time for sure. He wasn't a leader and he was a quitter...but who could blame him for bailing on a team like the lions with crapty owners like the Fords who are only interested in making money and not winning.

13. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

He retired. What's that have to do with quitting?

14. Fish

Fish I'm glad I came!

Spoken like a true cowboy fan. :butthole:

Did you watch the same video? That guy has moves. Maybe Emmitt had moves. Maybe some other guys could run over the defenders. And maybe some other guys had some speed. But Barry could just plain run around guys, outmanuever guys, and the speed is unbelievable! I wouldn't say the best- but just about.

15. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

good thing I have no respect for you or I might actually take this post serious....:icon_rolleyes:

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

yea barry is the best, he could have shattered all records, and if you have no respect for him stop watching football thanks.

17. Monietooth

Monietooth Starter

Did you even read the article?

18. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

The guy was amazing, I'm not understanding this quitting thing people keep saying. He retired while he was on top..... So what, thats better than being washed up and not knowing when to retire.

If he was on any half decent teams just imagine how good he could have been.

19. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

I like to imagine him with the cowboys line during the 90's..tell me he wouldn't have at least 5 to 10k more yards in the same amount of years....imagine if he added 5 years to that.....

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Good thing I have no respect for you either and I couldn't care less about what you say...