Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

He caught that one. He went down low and got one, then he made a real nice catch on the sidelines and showed his hands...was going to the ground and caught it over his head...

2. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Cool...I missed the other two. He was the one I was looking forward to see play. I guess there is always Thursday night. I want to see Ben connect with him for one.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd like to see those two play together too to see what kind of chemistry they have.

4. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Exactly.

5. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Let's just get through this pre season without any more major injuries.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll drink to that!!!

7. Anidem

Anidem Official demonic presence

It is just a bit weird since the Steelers have made a concerted effort to convert this to a speedy O.

RM seems to have decent straight line speed but I am not buying comparisons to Marion barber. He has no where near the hop in his step that barber does. He is a bit of a plodder.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27cxAs7mGSs&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27cxAs7mGSs&feature=related[/ame]

The O line and Willie have this good thing going with His speed to the hole and the O-Lines fast one step set. Mendenhall looked a lot like Najeh trying to pick through holes that were no longer there.

8. reigningblkngold

reigningblkngold Minister of defense

Yea timmons was everywhere the so was fox and a few others we are deep at linebacker Mendenhall we'll be fine the more touches he gets the more he will shine he showed flashes of what hes capable of over all for the first preseason game I was satisfied the defense wasn't bad for not having Hampton or troy on the field they do make a big difference when they are out there! can't wait for the next game to see more of the first string!

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

dont hate on mendy after one game and only a few carries....barber was garbage when he came out of college btw. its a learning process, we need to take our time with getting madenhall adjusted to the pro game....i have all the faith in the world he can do it

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Once Mendenhall gets comfortable he should be fine. Right now he's reminding me of Tim Worley. Which isn't a goood thing. I'd like to see him over the next couple preseason games and see him get a little more acclimated to the pro game.

[​IMG]

Ben Roethlisberger pays tribute to injured quarterback Charlie Batch yesterday at training camp at Saint Vincent College.

11. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I hope he doesn't leave that on there for the games. Nice thought but looks kind of crappy.

12. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I don;t think Anidem was hating on Mendy at all KTrain. Just stating an opinion of what he saw. I saw Mendenhall play quite a few games in the big ten and comparing him to Barber doesn't seem quite right to me either at this point. Not sure off the top of my head who I'd compare him to but it wouldn't be Barber.

13. Anidem

part of not being able to find somebody relevant to compare him to is a big part of what makes me nervours about his starter ability.

Not the hop in his step that Marion barber has. Not the Wiggle of a Warick done not the pure power of Bettis or Earl Campbell. One thing I have learned about RB's is that if you cannot fit them into a successful mold then they are Boom or Bust picks.

P.S. the Comparison to Worley was interesting. He does run upright with a bit of a stride, but has nowhere near the moves that the made the Gliders like Dorsett, twinkyerson, Shaun Alexander or Terrel Davis successful.

I guess time will tell.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm giving him time...a lot of it...You're getting worried about the kid based on a few carries in his first preseason game...no worries...yet...

15. Anidem

I considered his style in college also. I just think he is and odd 'tweener and will either be a revelation or a bust.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think ultimately he'll be alright.

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

First string offensive line is absolutely horrible... Bills dominating them

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm not really excited about the backend of the defense either...they got lit up by Trent Edwards tonight and McNabb last week...

:ranting:

Not good...

I was not impressed with a lot from this game. The few things I was impressed by and can take out of this Bills game:

Roethlisberger looks sharp...he's got great rapport with Holmes and they're going to hook up for a bunch of TD's this season. Hines Ward still has it...he looked good tonight as well. The linebackers looked good, specifically Timmons. He looked fast and strong for the second week in a row. Dennis Dixon looked awesome...47 yard TD run and the guy continues to be elusive...he's a player...

The O-Line and DB's are my biggest concerns right now. Neither Parker nor Mendenhall looked good behind that line and Roethlisberger's going to be killed this year if that line doesn't show up...awful...

19. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I agree...both of our lines looked horrible. They better get it together.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm not feeling very confident with them...

I do love the fact that Holmes and Roethlisberger hooked up for TD's 2 games in a row!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.