Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anidem

Anidem Official demonic presence

Watching the Bills shred the D was scary, but there was no Townsend or Troy so we will see on that. Both lines sucked big time.

I somehow got the feeling that a lot of players were disinterested in this game. Maybe there is some resentment toward the trip to Canada itself or the "Event" that it seemed to be to the Bills.

As much as fans liked seeing Tomlin get tough on Hampton, I do not get the feeling that he accomplished anything. Casey never took the time off seriously and neither did some others. This type of power play could backfire by giving some players a reason to start being dismissive of what Tomlin says.

Mendenhall still treating every carry like it is a screen pbutt. Running so much from the spread/shotgun in college will do that to you. If Carey Davis was 30 lbs lighter I would give him the rock a ton. Watching him run back that kick you could just see him measure out the field and spot the hole which is good. He also looked like a listing battleship trying to make his body get where his mind was pointing to, which was funny.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Harrison is pretty pissed about it, so we'll see if he can motivate them for the next game...but I was very unimpressed and can'tsee them winning 6 games this season playing like they have the first two preseason games...granted it's preseasn.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Am I off base in assuming that both free agent signings that I was excited about aren't so exciting?

Mewelde Moore - it remains to be seen what he can do as a third down back for this team. However, I had high hopes that he would solidify the punt return game. Now there continues to be a revolving door again this season...Holmes is one deck...

Justin Hartwig - He could possibly lose the competition for starting center to Mahan? WTF is that? Is Tomlin just holding his cards close to his vest, maybe giving Mahan the best possible chance to win the job "back" from Hartwig.

4. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I can't remember or must have missed it but when is the Steelers next pre-season game?

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

chill out....they are sick of preseason and are playing a vanilla defense...its no big deal at all. and as for the first string offense....did you see ben try to go off the field and tomlin made the starters stay out there? hes was pissed, then he threw a TD....were fine, they are even more bored of preseason then we are

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Very true, but they're showing nothing and to not be motivated to hit someone in a different color uniform is worrisome.

7. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

:icon_sad:

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Saturday, 8PM versus the Vikings...CBS...National Game.

www.steelers.com

:icon_wink:

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Here we go Steelers here we go.......

10. Anidem

Anidem Official demonic presence

If they cannot cover the Vikings "receivers" then it is time to worry.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah. I'd also like to see them stop the run...

12. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I'm less worried about our run stopping as I am about secondary. Our secondary isn't any better than last year....I still say....as long as the Steelers are a blitzing team then they have to get to the qb or our corners will not be able to cover. We don't have a Champ Bailey on the team that can shut someone down for an extended time. Good secondary yes....great one no.

13. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Thank you

{{{ hugs }}}

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Make sure you are watching!!!

15. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I NEVER miss a Steeler game. Everything in my life during football season revolves around them. :icon_cheesygrin:

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's my kind of girl!

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm wishing tonights game would get here always, I'm interested to see how we look this week, I will be watching the offensive line close this time.. They disappointed last week.

18. Crowned

GAMETIME :icon_cheesygrin:

Defense looks great so far, offensive line looks like crap... Byron Leftwich will get eaten alive when he comes in.. Hes a pocket passer and we dont have a pocket

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Vikings - 1st Quarter Notes:

The O-Line has looked HORRENDOUS! Not worse than last season, but not better either. Like you said Crowned, the D has looked awesome, but the O-Line...awful...

Mendenhall has looked everything but impressive...I'm starting to worry that he's really shown nothing so far this preseason...

2nd QUARTER:

Adrian Peterson in for a TD - 7-0 Vikings.

The bright spots of the offense have been Heath Miller and Ben Roethlisberger.

This offensive line is just awful...

Looks like some of the Wide Receiver Practice has paid off for Ike Taylor...nice interception.

20. Crowned

Yea its nice to see Ike catch something.. It'd be nice to see Washington bum butt catch something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.