Hmmmm ... Did The Ball Break The Plane ?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Oct 3, 2008.

1. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Well, the coaching staff has the chance to redeem themselves this week against the Redskins. It's time for you Eagles fans to move on. If this was the other way around, as a Bears fan, I would have moved on five days later.

2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

DaBears, I posted that before your second post on the second page. :icon_rolleyes:

and no my caps key was not stuck nor was i yelling but i had caps on to get my point across and justify using bad grammar

3. DaBearsrule4ever

Funny how you agreed to stop repeating yourself to be on this topic but yet, you did it AGAIN, lol.

I don't mind a word or two in a post thats in all caps but not a whole post, thats annoying.

No one told me this was english class either.

4. ravenfan52

WAIT a minute....in that pic, is buckhalter's right knee down?

5. DaBearsrule4ever

It looks like it but I won't confirm it unless somebody can find a pic of that exact same play from a different angle.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

i just got this pic.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

Where you get it from? I'm curous to know.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

when did i say i would stop repeating myself ? :dunno:

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Not in those exact words BUT you did say FINE.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

that was meant as you can have your opinion.

again, i am not taking from the bears here. i am ripping the eagles coaching staff for not challenging this and there is a long history of reid not handling things well at the end of games.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

Where did you get the pic from?

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

i got it from someone in work. not sure where it originated.

13. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

The game is over, why talk about it at all? : /

14. DaBearsrule4ever

Now, from that angle, to answer ravenfan52's question, theres no telling if Buckhalter's knee was down or not. You would need to see that from another angle.

I've been wondering the exact samething throughout this thread, lol.

15. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I really don't think it was close. You can go by this picture, but that's just one angle that can be easily corrupted. Based on the replays shown, I don't think there was a doubt that he didn't get in.

As for Reid not challenging, I agree with the decision. The challenge would have been a long shot. It's not as if the game was over then, there was still plenty of time on the clock and we had all are timeouts plus the two minute warning. I'm still more pissed at the play call than anything. If that's the best you can come up with, you don't deserve the ref's help.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I can't even see the ball on that pic. Time to get new glasses, I guess :icon_eek:

17. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

from THAT picture, it looks like a TD to me :2cents:

18. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It might just be my vision, but I can't say for sure looking at that pic that it's a TD. There's a bit of an angle in it. If it was called a TD with replay, there would be tons of pics from Redskins fans showing otherwise.

But I totally agree with Burnout, the play calling was awful. A QB sneak or rolling out McNabb probably would have resulted in an easy TD.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

The camera angle makes it look like a TD...It's very clear that the camera is far from directly above the line of scrimmage in this picture. Look at all the players' legs...this picture is shot on an angle.

Having said that, make it or not, it should've been challenged.

20. ravenfan52

:icon_cheesygrin: