The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

to reiterate....Oldboy - Awesome. News of potential remake...disheartening. Like when I heard that Douchebag Nick Cage was re-doing "Bangkok Dangerous" :tsk: (also an excellent movie if you can find the original Thai version). Why heck with a good thing? I even liked "Infernal Affairs" better than "The Departed".

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So it's OK to heck your daughter, but if you're 16 then you can't think a 10 year old is hot online?

3. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

"Old Boy" has just shipped from Amazon and should be here by the 6th :buttrock: i can't freaking wait!!!

"Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" looks promising, too. will have to Netflix that one

4. ParanoidMike

[​IMG]

watched "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" last night. i know not many people like this one, but i really enjoy it. think it has some great performances

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I love that film. I can't believe how good Casey Affleck has become as an actor.

6. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

lol, why not? I mean he's always been pretty good...

7. ParanoidMike

he made the movie, IMO. i loved everybody in it, but he stole the show without even trying to do so

8. orangeagent

orangeagent Your Worst Nightmare

[​IMG]

This movie makes me want to fall in love again every time I watch it. It's so ridiculous & cute.

9. DawkinsINT

In his early films he was ok, but I never thought he'd reach this level.

I just watched The Great Dictator and I loved it. For his first speaking role, Chaplin did it excellently. His "German" was hilarious. Some of the funniest moments though were the ones where there wasn't any dialogue. The eating of the pudding with the coins, shaving the guy to Brahm on the radio, and the dance with the globe. All the scenes with him and Napaloni were great too. I'm glad you mentioned this film, Orange. :beerchug:

What movie? The pic isn't showing.

10. ParanoidMike

[​IMG]

"Stir of Echoes." love, love LOVE this movie. very underrated. unfortunately it had to come out the same year as "The Sixth Sense," so a lot of people didn't see it or easily dismissed it as a "Sixth Sense" copycat. a shame. it's a really good movie

11. DawkinsINT

Stir of Echoes was excellent. Some of the lines were hilarious that broke up moments full of tension. I need to see it again.

12. ParanoidMike

agreed. the whole thing about the kid not wanting to go home because he was afraid of the "feathers" and what happens afterwards was really creepy

13. orangeagent

You're very welcome. Glad to know you have decent taste on occasion. :icon_cheesygrin:

The other movie was The Cameraman.

14. DawkinsINT

It's messed up that it's a Buster Keaton flick. I had added The Buster Keaton Collection to my blockbuster queue awhile ago. That's one of the 3 movies on there along with Free & Easy and Spite Marriage. I'll move it up higher on my queue.

Do you like the Marx Brothers? I watched Duck Soup a few months ago. Good stuff.

15. orangeagent

Spite Marriage is good, if I remember correctly. Though if you're going to watch anything of Buster's, it's gotta be The General. Everyone I've shown it to didn't even notice it was a silent film.

Not a big Marx Brothers fan, but it's probably because I haven't been exposed to a lot of it. I'll have to check that one out.

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Still on for the Falklands, Orange?

I just rewatched Zeitgeist. Made me want to gtfo of here even more.

Then What the Bleep. Put me in a better mood. Inspired.

17. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Tropic Thunder when Jack Black is like "Crapty freaking movie, I don't wanna be in this crapty freaking movie".

18. ParanoidMike

[​IMG]

"Oldboy" came today from Amazon and i immediately put it on when i got home. LOVED it. really hecked up, especially towards the end. was not at all what i was expecting. definitely reinvents any concept of true revenge, that much is for sure!

i'm glad i bought it. i'll definitely watch it again

19. DawkinsINT

Awesome. I'm glad you liked it, Mike. I would hate to steer you wrong.

20. ParanoidMike

it's all good. :icon_cool: we usually see eye-to-eye on most flicks. i really wanted to see this one, so i was willing to take the risk and just go out and buy it. i'm glad i did.

i totally did not see the twist coming at the end until he started explaining how both he and the girl were under hypnosis and then it sunk in. i was in complete shock. now the movie will be even more hecked up seeing it a second time knowing what i know

[​IMG]

now watching "Dinner Rush," which is another one of my favorites and is very underrated