The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

watching "Oldboy" again. god**mn, does this movie rock. even the score is freaking amazing.

i can't wait to check out "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance." that's next on my netflix list

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Sympathy is awesome. Not as good as Old Boy, but really good.

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Watched 28 Days Later and now im watching 28 Weeks Later! z0mg...

4. orangeagent

orangeagent Your Worst Nightmare

[​IMG]

Branagh's Hamlet, for like the billionth time. It's the only version that consistently makes me cry after the whole four & half hours. It's so ridiculously over the top that I can't help but love it.

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I'm watching American Psycho... whats up...

6. orangeagent

God, that movie is amazing. Not nearly as screwed up as the book, but still...so, SO well done.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I heard about that dude.

:icon_eek:

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

American Psycho is the best. I've seen it about 25 times now. Loveeee it have the DVD.

9. ParanoidMike

[​IMG]

"Infernal Affairs." LOVED it. i still really like "The Departed" (mostly because expanded more on the characters), but i think this had a more fitting ending

10. DawkinsINT

I watched a lot of There Will Be Blood tonight, but had to stop it because my friend had to suddenly leave. We're going to finish it tomorrow. It's been amazing so far. I can't wait to catch the rest of it.

11. ParanoidMike

[​IMG]

forgot to mention that i watched this over the weekend. wasn't a huge fan. there were elements about it that i liked, but when everything was all said and done i was disappointed. not a horrible movie, but not great either.

it's different... i'll give it credit for that. if it had ended a little differently, i think it could've been really great

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Mike watch Lady Venegance too, do not forget. And the original "Bangkok Dangerous" was one hellova movie as well.

Which book is your favorite of the "trilogy"? Psycho?

13. ParanoidMike

definitely won't forget about that one :icon_cool: i ended up ordering "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" from Borders, so i should be getting that before the end of the week

i still can't get "Oldboy" out of my head... i freaking love that movie. great acting, writing, and one hell of a kickass music score

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yup I felt the same way the first time I saw it. I think I watched it every day for a few days running, then ran back and got the other two. Which are also both SO impressive.

15. orangeagent

Trilogy?

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

:tsk: I am so dissapointed, OA. "Less Than Zero", "Rules of Attraction", and "American Psycho"...an unofficial "trilogy" By Mr. Ellis...lots of characters run through all three books, major characters in one book are minor to cameos in the others.
    Although the plots and themes of each are very different. Well, maybe not SO different on the basic themes, but a different approach each time.

17. orangeagent

Ellis is my favorite author EVER...I've read everything by him probably way more than I should have. :icon_cheesygrin:

I just wasn't sure which you were referring to as a trilogy...because all of his stuff is always so connected. Out of those three, yeah AP probably takes it. Rules is so incredibly screwy & realistic, but AP still has pages I can't make myself read, so that wins.

Out of all his stuff overall, it's Glamorama, though.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I've actually only read those 3, I honestly and ignorantly did not know he had written anything else. I read Psycho in junior high like a year after it came out (yeah yeah, I'm old), and then the other aforementioned two shortly thereafter (and many times since of course). Then I kind of quit reading or at least paying attention to who was putting out what and I seem to have let the next 3 slip by under my radar :icon_sad:. Actually that's a good thing, now I have new books to acquire. I've been needing new ones and stuck in kind of a not knowing what to buy funk, having read more or less everything by people I like, and not knowing what else is good, if that makes any sense. I go to a bookstore and just stare and I'm like wtf...is any of this worth a crap? How do I tell without reading it?

Oh and a friend who I recently let borrow those 3 I speak of put it pretty well. He said (paraphrasing) "He's got one of the most amazing prose and writing styles I've ever read, but I can barely stand to read a good amount of what he writes." (especially referring to Psycho) "One of the best authors I've ever read, but it was hard to finish."

19. DawkinsINT

There Will Be Blood - 4.5 of 5 stars.
    I know I'm really late in finally watching this, but what an amazing movie. Daniel Day Lewis was great. I can't believe how evil his character turned out to be based on how it started. The ending blew me away. Great film. Wow.

20. ParanoidMike

glad you liked it, Dawk. i love that movie and the ending kicks butt. i was actually cracking up laughing at the very last line that's said :lol: