Ads Are Redirtecting Me To Other Sites

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Walnuts, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

This has happened to me a few times on this site now. The first couple times I thought I hecked up and didn't bother to mention it, but now I am sure it wasn't me and so I'm bringing it up. I opened up the "TO/Witten altercation" thread and the thread started to come up and then all of a sudden took me to another website, "fling.com", before I had clicked on anything. I mean, the popup ads when I log on are one thing, but to just take me, unsolicited and unexpectedly to an entire other site, WTF is up with that? The other two times, couldn't tell you what website it was for, as I said, I just assumed I had clicked some ad (even though I thought I hadn't) and it came up. This time, however, I am 100% sure GIF just sent me to another website without my consent.

SO what's going on?

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm gonna eat some enchiladas!

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

We are looking into it and have sent an email to the advertisers asking about it.

4. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

that happened to me, too. i thought it was just my computer acting up

5. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

same here

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Me 3..... not exactly the best idea either cause there were barely covered boobies and hineys on the page it took me to for fling.com.... I got scared

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

if you remember what ad was on the page before it took you to fling.com
    post it in here please

8. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

yeah i got sent to fling too. and these bodies were alot less than barely covered...

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

As long as they aren't on GIF you won't get carded stop being scared.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Me 4...as Walnuts did, I thought I clicked on something by accident. I don't recall the name of the website b/c I just backed out of it, but it was a Blue, White and Yellow page...

fling.com?

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Again, we have contacted our advertisers and are awaiting their email about it.

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Yea this happened to me a couple of times.

13. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

i aint worried about gettin carded, but i am using a school computer. they dont look to kindly on naked people

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I thought they were barely clothed, now they are naked?

15. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

i said the ones on the fling.com page i was sent to were less than barely clothed. i saw bare breasts, cat, and a p**is. the school will be pissed

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Also, if you're using a school computer then scroll down to the bottom of the page and flick the "default style" and scroll to Gridiron-Mobile and no pics show up.

17. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

18. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Man those enchiladas sure were good!

:cheersbeer:

19. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Dude, stop whoring in threads not designed for it please and thank you.

I haven't been taken to another site, but my pop-up blocker has been working more than normal here lately. I don't know what the pop-ups are since I don't see them.

20. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

there's been a few times where i'm on here and my Norton Anti-Virus tells me "an attack or threat has been attempted and blocked..."

strange shenanigans going on.... :icon_eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.