Are These Steelers Linebackers The Best Ever?

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Aug 3, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

With the group of linebackers (James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, James Farrior, Lawrence Timmons) we have heading into the season, do you believe this is quite possibly the best linebacking corps the Steelers have had? Even (gulp) better than the linebackers we had in Levon Kirkland, Chad Brown, Kevin Greene & Greg Lloyd and even the unit we put together in the 70's?

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

yes.

would be better if they went ahead and drafted maualuga to replace farrior in a year or 2 but as they stand now they are beyond nasty

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i think they are the best...... and they don't even need steroids (hopefully) :icon_cheesygrin:

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I want to see how Timmons plays as a starter as opposed to a part time player before I say this group is the best Steelers linebacking corp ever. Timmons was a beast as a part time player. If he plays that same way for 60 minutes...they're the best in my opinion.

5. Clown Hunter

Clown Hunter I am Justin Credible

If Timmons shows he can be effective run stopping then yes. My only concern was him in the run stopping game but I think he is up to it. He has the speed to cover backs and TE's and the range to at least keep up with wideouts in a short area. So much more athletic that Foote.

He just has to be adequate in the run game. Foote was no thumper. He was more of a drag on and hang on tackler. But he was THERE. That is all Timmons has to be.