Hall Of Fame CB Rod Woodson Endorses d**k LeBeau

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Aug 11, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

twinky LeBeau said he never expected to hear his name mentioned Saturday night when former Steelers cornerback Rod Woodson was inducted in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. And, of course, he never expected to hear it mentioned in the manner it was -- Woodson using his acceptance speech to implore the voters to put LeBeau in the Hall of Fame. "I was surprised, certainly," said LeBeau, who was the secondary coach and defensive coordinator during Woodson's final five years with the Steelers. "The night was all about Rod, but that's Rod. He would share and deflect. "I did not expect to hear my name in Rod Woodson's acceptance speech, but what a tremendous honor it is that it was in there. What a great compliment to me that he spoke of me in that light." "I hope the voters, seriously, get it right," Woodson said during his speech. "He deserves to be in as a player, and if you don't put him as a player, you put him in as a contributor. He deserves it. The voters will get tired of hearing me saying it -- twinky LeBeau deserves to be in the Hall of Fame."

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

2. chucklehead

chucklehead Fantasy Fool

Woodson's always been a class act.

He's right tho..LeBeau should be in there.

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Of course he does.

Of course he should.

4. Clown Hunter

Clown Hunter I am Justin Credible

Awesome. It is a shame that twinky Lebeau is not in the HOF.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

if theres a spot for coordinators he should be first in line....not to mention he was a player for a long time and a damn good one too