NFL To Drop Saints Suspensions Over StarCaps?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Sep 14, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports reports two NFL sources indicated Sunday night that the league will entertain the idea of not suspending Saints defensive ends Charles Grant and Will Smith this season because it doesn't appear the league can suspend Vikings defensive tackles Kevin and Pat Williams for the same violation of league rules. "That's one of the ideas we're throwing around right now," said one of the aforementioned source. "Obviously, the [NFL] Players Association would like us to capitulate right now and give up, but I don't think that's what anybody is ready to do." All four players and former New Orleans running back Deuce McAllister, who is not currently on an NFL roster, face four-game suspensions from the NFL for testing positive before the 2008 season for a banned diuretic that was contained in a diet supplement known as StarCaps. Last week, the U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the Minnesota players can sue the NFL in Minnesota state court over violating state law.

Source:
    Yahoo! Sports

2. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

Makes sense after they did they same a few days earlier for the exact same thing with the Minnesota players.

3. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

you sure know a lot about what's going on in football. nice work!

4. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

Let me clarify for you in case Mike wasnt clear.

The NFL had nothing to do with the Williamses not being suspended. That was A Minnesota court which did nothing but piss off the NFL

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

You can't expect a (fake?) 17 year old girl to know EVERYTHING about football.

The simple fact is this whole situation is the very definition of a cluster heck for the NFL

6. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

What's the point in nit-picking her post like that anyway? I knew what she meant.