10 Draft Picks Attend Redskins’ Lockout Workout

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, May 24, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Instead of coach Mike Shanahan, the authority figure at the center of the post-practice huddle was the head of group formerly known as the players’ union, instead of burgundy and gold uniforms with numbers, the 41 players on the field wore basic T-shirts and shorts. Several rookies—10 of the 12 draft picks showed up—simply wore something with the name of their college on it. Instead of Redskins Park, the venue was a Virginia high school field whose location had to be kept secret so that fans wouldn’t try to crash the practice and disrupt the school day, yet some things were the same when the Washington Redskins gathered Tuesday morning for the opening of a three-day player-run minicamp. For one thing, the rookies were a bit nervous—and a bit overwhelmed. “Last night I couldn’t sleep, I was so ready to come out here,†said fifth-round pick Niles Paul, a receiver from Nebraska. “As soon as I started to feel more comfortable, (quarterback John) Beck would draw up some more plays and put me back in an uncomfortable zone. It was definitely a learning experience.†The minicamp already has more flow and organization than the two-day camp the players put together last month in their effort to stay sharp and maintain camaraderie during the NFL lockout, Tuesday morning’s session went for 90 minutes and combined a number of individual and team drills, with linebacker London Fletcher leading the defense, center Casey Rabach shepherding around the offensive linemen and fullback Mike Sellers handling the running backs.

Source: Associated Press

2. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

They were probably happy they finally had draft picks jk. Good for them.

3. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Skins are gonna be a problem this season...watch.