$19.5 Million Deal Reached For Church Site For Falcons Stadium

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Aug 6, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed said Tuesday that city officials have reached a $19.5 million deal on behalf of the Falcons to buy Friendship Baptist Church, one of two churches key to the new Falcons stadium being built on the preferred “south site,â€￾ Katie Leslie of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports.

The church must ratify the agreement with its congregation, said Reed, who then called upon the Georgia World Congress Center to re-open talks with Mount Vernon Baptist Church. His announcement comes days after the GWCCA said it walked away from negotiations with Mount Vernon after the church rejected a $6.2 million offer. Documents later revealed the state and church were $14 million apart in asking price.

“I think I’ve done enough in this process to ask that they try harder. Because that’s what folks ask me to do, right?â€￾ he said.

Mount Vernon is arguably the more crucial piece to the south site location as it sits on the proposed property.

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

God has a price.

3. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

No sh!t! They finally made a deal? Good for the Falcons

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Will those funds be used for the flock or for the new church in all it's opulence?

Poor parishioners want to know... :icon_rolleyes:

5. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Surprised they agreed being the Church is about 150 years old.

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Another site was out of the question?

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i was under the impression church was football

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

City put up the 20 mil?

...and the taxpayers rejoiced, hallejuhah!

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

sPut 20 million into bettering the school systems? Nope! Buyin a church for a football team!