1st Hall Of Fame Inductee Named For 2012

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by TheDuke, Oct 17, 2011.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

MEXICO CITY - Triple H has announced that Mil Mascaras will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame's 2012 class in Miami in April! The announcement was made in Mil Mascaras' native country in front of the WWE Universe in Mexico City Sunday night.

Source:WWE.com

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

If mil máscaras is in then el. Santo should also be going. In.... I remember these guys from. My childhood

Sent from my HTC EVO

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I wonder why Mil Mascaras isn't already in?

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

There's a TON of wrestlers that SHOULD be in and a million guys who have been in wrestling. It's hard to only get a few and I think they're finally showcasing luchadores and such with Sin Cara A & B, ADR(Mil Mascaras nephew) Rey Rey, etc. Plus in 3 or 4 years Rey will get in so you need to let some others in there. But yeah, LOTS of guys deserve it but they only have a few every year.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Mil Mascaras highlight video complete with cheesy intro music when he wrestled in Japan. That is one funky culture btw....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r741QzdYyLY]The Very Best of Mil Mascaras - YouTube[/ame]

6. Omen

That's cool... My uncle used to be a luchador back in the day actually like. 40 yrs ago

Sent from my HTC EVO

7. SRW

Oh wow, in Mexico? What promotion(s)?

8. Omen

Yeah back in Mexico... I really don't. Know he used to tell us stories. He is my mom's. Older brother he is like 60 65 now... But back in day he used get drunk and climb sofas and stuff and throw himself and tumble and flip and roll... He has the same. Build as mil máscaras... All natural still built like. That... But with beer gut.... I'm gonna ask him next time I see him

Sent from my HTC EVO

9. SRW

It's such a different style and when done right it's pretty amazing to see some of the high spots the luchadores come out with. You'd think El Santo would get into the Hall of Fame before Mil Mascaras but I guess the WWE wants to be able to shuffle in an old-timer who not six feet under.

10. Omen

Yes it is.. Very fast paced and high flying. No matter how big or small they were..... I hadn't heard the name. Santo in a while reminds me. Of blue demon and fishman... I used to have Alot of these masks.. I think my mom. Still has them...

Sent from my HTC EVO

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Is WildFire Tommy Rich in there?

12. SRW

Wildfire Tommy Rich....wow. That's a blast from the past :icon_cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eALWZVhC0eU]BATTLE OF ATLANTA/The Second Coming (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

13. Buck Fenson

dude I am 48. I remember when Shawn Michael was a newcomer and getting his butt beat every night. Sting without his full face paint and much bigger. Lived 3 blocks from Skandar Ackbar. Hacksaw Jim Duggan came into the glass company I worked at at the time and got his windshield replaced. Of course I was nosy and look into his ashtray and saw like 4 good sized roaches in there. He was a cool dude. Did his stomp and thumbs up for me. I was an idiot back then. Pretty much like now but medicated more. My friend and I played Mid South Wrestling. Figure 4 leg lock and DDT was my fav move. And we didn't fake it. Loved the old wrestling. .

14. SRW

Mid-South, who had the Freedbirds selling out before the Von Erich's were out of high school. They gave us JYD and Kamala. Mid-South was a hot territory about that time too. Man, not having territories anyone sucks for fans, I swear.

15. ragman

I'd love to see the match between Sawyer and Rich, but I keep hearing that Ole Anderson, who was the promoter for Mid-South back in the day, threw the video of the match in the trash after the match was over, because he felt the match was too bloody.

If anyone finds it, let me know.

16. SRW

It's gone forever....too bad.

BTW, if you are a fan of Memphis wrestling you need to check out the new DVD called Memphis Heat. Awesome documentary about one of the hottest territories from the 60's to the 80's.

17. Omen

Man I used live to see the von erichs and the freebirds.... Kamala the uganden giant..

Sent from my HTC EVO

18. Buck Fenson

Love those guys.

19. ragman

In 1989, I remember seeing a match on TV at the Sportatorium in Dallas. The match had a new wrestler named Mean Mark Callous. His real name is Mark Calloway, but you may know him better as The Undertaker.

The Von Erich-Freebirds matches back in the day were classics.

20. SRW

WCCW was great back in the day. It's too bad the Von Erich family was dropping like flies because that territory was white hot in it's heyday.