2010 Royal Rumble

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike S., Jan 6, 2010.

1. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

[​IMG]

January, 31, 2010 - Philips Arena - Atlanta, GA

30-man Royal Rumble: Winner gets a WWE Title shot, a World Heavyweight Title shot or a ECW title shot at WrestleMania XXVI on March 28, 2010

Wrestlers to be announced soon

2. Mike S.

Updated Card

30-man Royal Rumble: Winner gets a WWE Title shot, a World Heavyweight Title shot or a ECW title shot at WrestleMania XXVI on March 28, 2010

WWE Title Match: Sheamus [c] vs Randy Orton

ECW Title Match: Christian [c] vs Ezekiel Jackson

To place bets on this event, go here

3. Mike S.

Updated Card:

Royal Rumble match participants

Raw:
    Cody Rhodes
    Ted DiBiase
    Mark Henry
    Evan Bourne

SmackDown:
    Chris Jericho
    CM Punk

World Heavyweight Title Match: Undertaker [c] vs Rey Mysterio

4. Mike S.

Updated Card:

Raw:
    Cody Rhodes
    Ted DiBiase
    Mark Henry
    Evan Bourne
    John Cena
    Jack Swagger
    Santino Marella
    MVP
    The Miz
    Shawn Michaels
    Big Show
    Triple H
    Carlito

SmackDown:
    Chris Jericho
    CM Punk

5. Mike S.

Updated Card:

RAW: Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Carlito, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, John Cena, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, MVP, Santino Marella, Shawn Michaels, Ted Dibiase, The Miz, Triple H

ECW: Shelton Benjamin, Vladimir Kozlov, Yoshi Tatsu, Zach Ryder

SMACKDOWN: Batista, Chris Jericho, CM Punk ,Dolph Zigler, Drew McNtyre, Finlay, John Morrison, Kane, Matt Hardy, R-Truth

Plus, 2 surprise names

WWE Women's Championship: Michelle McCool [c] vs. Mickie James

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

WWE Women's Championship: Michelle McCool [c] vs. Mickie James who cares?

for the Rumble, Im sticking with Shawn Michaels, it starts the stupid Michaels vs Take Wrestlemania event

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

As long as Triple H or John Cena don't win the Royal Rumble, i'd be perfectly fine with Shawn Michaels winning it.

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'm not fine with any vet winning. WWE need to put over the younger talent badly and having HBK win again does nothing for them.

Hopefully Kofi wins it, because I can't see Sheamus carrying the belt to Wrestlemania and his feud with Randy Orton which started well has kinda been forgotten and it'd be nice for it to spark again.

But in reality, Anyone out of Cena, HHH, HBK or Botchtista will probably win. :icon_rolleyes:

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Kofi Kingston isn't a bad choice. I also wouldn't mind seeing Shelton Benjamin or John Morrison win either. I still believe Shawn Michaels would be a better choice then John Cena, Triple H, or Batista. As long as it isn't Cena, Triple H, or Batista, i'm happy.

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Shelton Benjamin should never, ever get a push.

11. andy82

Agreed. He's great in the Money in the Bank match and that, but otherwise I don't really think he's up to it.

I'd love to see Morrison get a push, but I think it'd be better to get it from the MitB, I don't think he's ready just yet to headline.

12. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Shelton Benjamin is one of the best pure wrestlers the company has. But people want to bang on him b/c he doesn't have mic skills. He had a match on Raw a couple of years ago vs Shawn Michaels, one of the best I have ever seen.

Morrison and a lot of the other deserving wrestlers won't get a push b/c he isn't one of Triple H's boys, i.e. Sheamus.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Thought I had posted that match somewhere
    http://gridironfans.com/forums/wrestling-talk/65826-shelton-benjamin-vs-shawn-michaels.html

13. andy82

No doubting he's a great wrestler and an athlete, but the WWE has hecked him with stupid gimmicks (Team Angle, World Greatest Tag, Gold Standard) and simply buried him.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

Why is that?

15. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

as previously mentioned, his mic work is horrible
    until he can talk without stumbling and fumbling thru the promo, he cant be champ

16. dublin mike

I remember back when wrestling used to be about wrestling rather than mic work.

So now we have guys getting pushes who are great on the mic who cant wrestle (Cena) while guys w/talent get buried

17. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

im ALL for guys who can wrestle, I just dont see Benjamin being a guy who needs a push

someone like Evan Bourne is far more deserving

18. dublin mike

Say wha? Bournes mic work is worse than Benjamins! And the last thing I want to see is another Rey Mysterio.

Like I said before though, none of these guys will get a push b/c the boss (HHH) is going to give his guys the nod.

edit: I think Morrison is the best guy in the biz right now. If he isn't going to get pushed towards the title, none of the other skill guys will

19. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

to be honest, ive never ever seen Bourne talk. When I read that Shemus was getting a push because of HHH, I was annoyed. But what can you do, HHH has the control.

20. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Does anyone else find orton vs shamous weird heel vs heel who are the fans supposed to boo?

taker vs mysterio really is just a stupid match face vs face when there really is nothing to build up

My prediction for the royal rumble is it will come down to hbk and triple h and hbk wins hhh beats the crap out of him after and turns fully heel which i would love.

Edge costs jericho the rumble which will end up being a match at mania