2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Went with Austin Pettis for the Steelers. Could be a nice eventual replacement for Ward. Not afraid to go over the middle and he's a decent blocker. More importantly, it gets the Steelers past Limas Sweed...lol. More of a luxury pick than a need.

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Very solid pick that could develop into a steal

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I actually hope the Steelers get him at this point in the draft.

4. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I went with Moore for the Packers because Jones is a FA and Driver career is winding down. They can afford to let him sit and develop his route running, could be a real steal down the line.

BTW i love that Pettis pick

5. grabbed O'dowd for the Titans. He is a good player and I was surprised he was still on the board. Could perhaps start from day 1.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ive almost picked ODowd a couple times now

[​IMG]

7. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I went with Jones for GB because i think he can be a great compliment to Starks eventually, im not sure they are going to want to invest the money into Ryan Grant.

8. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

This pick makes me mad i wanted him!

9. Mr.Alligam

Mr.Alligam Rookie

He'll be out of the league within 3-4 years IMO, he has zero lower body strength. He got pushed around in the PAC10, its only gonna get worse in the NFL.

If you can't anchor, you can't play in the NFL, for long anyway...

10. yikes. :icon_eek:

gotta be honest I haven't watched him much.

11. Actually....I'm not too thrilled with him either.

Could play in a zone blocking scheme with his lack of ideal strength but I like maulers at the center position.

12. Crap....totally forgot the Giants don't have a fifth round pick because of the Rosenfels-Reyund trade.

Having three sixth round picks makes up for it though. :icon_cool:

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He's no mauler but he's good enough to play, I think you're exaggerating. I'd be more worried about his injury history than anything else.

14. Mr.Alligam

Mr.Alligam Rookie

Not as much as you think.

He's all upper body, not to go all Tim McCarver, but as good as his upper body strength is, that is as bad as his lower body strength is.

He'll be drafted, but I'm not sure you'll hear about him past that point. IMHO of course...

15. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I picked a Kicker in round 5 because John Kasay can't possibly last much longer. Maybe Forbath can take some of the pressure off of the veteran Kasay.

16. Way too early to be picking Forbath......

Alex Henery would've been a much better option. Never missed more than four kicks in a season in his four years at Nebraska. He was also the Cornhusker's punter.

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

A kicker. Here goes the big round 5 rush on kickers.

18. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dude that is just wow.

20. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I have to believe that he's doing this on purpose. I thought we voted him out of this thing. unreal.