2012 New Orleans Saints Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Dragonite, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Kind of shocked we don't have one

[​IMG]

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Is that the really hottest Saints chearleader? Woof. lol.

4. Dragonite

Shes not the hottest I just like blondes lol.

god **mn, I would be pissed too, got raped by the RAMS.

I hate to be down on the team, but IF we lose in the playoffs this year its going to be a team like the Niners with a scary bruiser like Frank Gore. And that REALLY blows because we should be able to stop teams on defesne but thats our ONLY weakness. Our offense shouldn't HAVE to out score the other team but it does because our defense sucks.

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

We've always had pretty fugly cheerleaders and our mascot is a dog named Gumbo....pretty lame I think

6. Buck Fenson

Uh, you know her personally? Back to the team. I thought with the addition of the two DTs we picked up, which the "experts" said was some of the best we still stink. They say you need to be strong up the middle. While I like Vilma we need a Ray Lewis type thumper and Harper is killing us in coverage. And I covered the mediocre Dts we have. That is crazy. Rodgers at 360 and Franklin at a light 317 gets pushed around too freaking much. Vilma is too small size and weight wise. We may win games but without takeaways we will be another one and done in the playoffs. We can hang with the best of them usually but we need some stops on defense. Teams know now all they have to do is come off the edge and pressure Brees into interceptions. Then they can play keep away by running the ball. The onlly way we can win is to jump out to a large lead and take the run game away from the opposing team. But if you think back to the Haslett days when we had the humongous DTs teams still ran on us. Maybe it is just the type of defense we play. True, it is a passing league but if the weakness is to run then guess what? They will run. And most of the better teams in the NFC have big bruising backs. If Brees isn't on his game early and often we are in trouble. Harper is decent in run support but man I wish we had a slobberknocker for a strong safety in the Steve Atwater mode. I wouldn't mind the 15 yard penalties that would of course be forthcoming just to let the receivers know if they come across they will be laid out. Speed is cool but you sacrifice power for speed. I don't know if one will be available in FA next year but Harper needs to go. Our corners come up decently and Jenkins is a great free safety but lacks the bulk to make receivers pay consistantly. What is bad is we don't have a 1st round pick in next years draft so far. And none of the safeties that grade out as a second round or later just doesn't impress me. Aaron Henry is great in college but he would be a liability in the pros cause he launches to hit. Harrison Smith would be a decent choice but his coverage skills are lacking but he hits ball carriers like a pourn star hitting a tramp. I just can't believe Payton hasn't addressed this area of need yet.

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Well allow me to put my Bucs hat on, just for a minute. Blount is back and if we can pressure Brees like we did in the game in Tampa, this game could have the same result. Everyone knows you don't blitz Brees because he will pick the secondary apart.

Hopefully we can get the same punch up front and rely on the secondary to do their job. If not the Saints roll big. Can't wait for the game. The early line is Saints -8. That's a pretty big line for this time of year considering the Bucs are coming off a bye week.

8. Buck Fenson

8 is way too much. But they want more people to vote for the Saints. I am worried about Blount. He is a jackhammer. But the only thing that is going for us is the Bucs play a lot of cover 2 and Brees eats that up. Our OTs are really slacking this season. All teams have to do is rush 5. Make the Saints block man up and the defense will succeed more than fail. Couple that with a punishing run game and this game has the making of another heartbreaking loss. I am a huge Saints fan but I have eyes and am a realist.

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Agreed Buck, with what Jackson did to the Saints, I can't see Coach Rah not trying to force the run game down their throats. That said it's still an away divisional game for the Bucs. And we don't do well with that factor.

Should be a good game I hope the Bucs ca keep it close enough to pull out a win late.

10. Buck Fenson

Don't take this the wrong way but I hope it isn't a close game. Those make the pucker factor sky high. My old heart couldn't take it. But I know how it is going to play out if the Saints don't tighten up. Major runs with Blount with the tight end blowing past our linebackers. But if we get up by 17 points early then it could be a long day. Can't run the ball much down that much. But if the Bucs keep it close ULCER TIME.. Anyways it should be a good game. If they don't come out blazing after this last game then it is over. But don't get me wrong, the Rams won the game. The Saints didn't lose it. They beat us in all facets of the game. Offense, defense, and special teams.

11. Dragonite

I am not going to lie, the Bucs scare the heck out of me, I would not be shocked one bit if we dropped this game at home and the Bucs had LG Blount run on us for something around 165 to 180 yards with 3 TD's. The Saints defense just needs to keep the team in it, unfortunately with Blount back, I am not sure they can.

That being said I still bet on the Saints. 8 is a huge line I can't believe its that high.

(And Buck, I wish I knew that girl)

12. Buck Fenson

And the loss of Brown doesn't make it any easier. Granted he hasn't played very well but apparently he was the best at that position.

13. Buck Fenson

A question to any Seahawk fans. Is Ray Willis any good? Just wondering.

14. Dragonite

Are there any Hawks fans even on this board?

15. Dragonite

Watch out for the Saints in the playoffs DO NOT count them down and out at all.

16. Buck Fenson

they will be doing the counting.

17. Dragonite

I still can't believe how bad Vegas is putting our odds at. Did the Saints not turn it on at the end of the year? Did they not play every team to their limit all season long. I don't remember all the way back but didnt we almost beat Green Bay?

18. Buck Fenson

4th and goal on the one yard line and they gave it to a rookie. I bet Chris Ivory would have gotten that yard. then this would be a moot point.

19. Dragonite

Yeah thats what I thought, we would have gotten that with Ivory, its so nice to have him back.

20. Buck Fenson

yes it is. I have no doubt with him behind Brees if we need one yard. Game on the line he will get it. defenders don't want to tackle him late in games.