2014 Fantasy Football: Top 10 Running Back Rankings

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Greg Brosh, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

The 2014 Fantasy Football season won’t feature nearly as many three-down running backs like we are accustomed to. As the NFL continues to grow into a more pass-heavy league, the need for a team to have a true workhorse in the backfield isn’t as high a priority as it used to. We’ve seen this in free agency and also in the NFL Draft.
    While last year’s draft saw three receivers taken in the first round (Tavon Austin, DeAndre Hopkins and Cordarrelle Patterson) of last year’s draft, a running back wasn’t chosen until the first several picks of the second (Giovani Bernard). And even Bernard wasn’t considered anything more than a part-time player behind BenJarvus Green-Ellis during his first year in Cincinnati. This is a far cry from, say, the 2005 draft where Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson and Cadillac Williams were all taken within the top 5 picks.

So when you look at these rankings, bear in mind only a handful of these guys will be worth drafting in the first round. If your league offers PPR and 6 points for all touchdowns, quarterbacks and wide receivers (even tight ends) will dominate the top of the food chain.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT MY CURRENT TOP 10 RUNNING BACKS

Who do YOU think should be in the top spot?

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I can't read elvish, man.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I think DeMarco Murray is too high, considering he has never played 16 games in a season, and he plays for Jason "I'll throw it, and keep on throwing it even when I'm leading by more than 20 to give the opposite team a chance to come back, blow this game, and hopefully get finally and mercifully fired" Garrett.

Other than that, good list, bro...

4. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Getting in the later picks was tough, but Murray was so much upside. The problem is those idiots who call the plays don't know how to use him properly. If it was a PPR list, I would have put in Bush easily. I might have even considered Rice with Gary Kubiak in as Baltimore's OC.