2014 World Series: Giants And Royals

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by markaz, Oct 17, 2014.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Is Bumgarner just that good or is KC just stinking up the joint with some of the worst swings I've ever seen? Let's just say KC is Bumgarner's witch. Hats off to two of the most dominant pitching exhibitions I've ever seen in World Series history.

2. markaz

Game 7 it is. Bruce Bochy fires up the bullpen after Peavy's thrown 20 pitches? Just WOW! Reminded me of Ned Yost warming up the pen in the Wild Card game after Shields shut down the A's 1-2-3 in the fifth and then gives up a single to start the 6th. These managers think they know far more than they really do.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm not a huge baseball guy in general, but game 7 in the world series is awesome.

How much of bumgarner will we see?

4. markaz

I see two scenarios:
    1. Tim Hudson is starting for the Giants and I'm guessing the first real bit of trouble he gets in Bochy and his short leash will bring Bumgarner in.
    2. Should the Giants have the lead around the 4th or 5th inning, even if Hudson is pitching pretty well, Bumgarner comes in to finishes it off.
    Regardless of what the the Royals say about their confidence, Bumgarner is in their heads and Bochy will exploit that. We shall see.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

man, bringing a guy in on 2days rest is nuts. last game of the year though.

go royals !

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I called it...Royals in 7. Sometimes I feel like I should gamble more...

markaz and Steve12 like this.
  7. markaz

This is like a flashback to the '85 Series with the Cardinals. Cards had a pitcher who finished second in the Cy Young that year named John Tudor. Tudor pitched games 1 and 4 of the Series and won both (3-1 and 3-0 and an ERA of less than 0.60). Cards started him in Game 7 on three days rest and just got whacked. If Bumgarner ends up pitching tonight it will be on 3 days rest as well. Hopefully this turns out to be a deja vu.
    :go royals:

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

3 or 2 days rest ? he just pitched on 10/26

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Hudson is 39. Guthrie is 35. They must set a record for the oldest SP duo to face each other in a WS Game 7 in WS history.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Don't know if it's true or not, but CBS Sports is reporting that Joe Maddon will be the new Cubs manager.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Most of this series has been boring since the games have been lopsided, but so far this Game 7 is exciting as hell.

12. DawkinsINT

Bumgarner appears in the 5th with the Giants up by a run.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bumgarner rolls threw the heart of the Royals order...

14. DawkinsINT

Some great defensive plays in this game.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

What a game so far. TORTUUUUUUUUURE.

16. DawkinsINT

[​IMG]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

markaz, 86WARD and Walnuts like this.
  17. DawkinsINT

I miss the feeling of living and dying on every pitch in postseason. So intense.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Cody Cody Cody Ross y'all.

Im sorry I cant help it.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. 86WARD

86WARD -

9th inning coming up...

20. DawkinsINT

Impossible not to be amazed by Bumgarner. When they showed the stats of the other Giants starters in this series...wow. I hope the ratings for this game are great and he becomes the house-hold name that he deserves to be.