49ers CB Perrish Cox Won't Be Suspended This Season

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Aug 17, 2012.

  1. Sweets

    Sweets New Member

    Cornerback Perrish Cox, who is on track to make San Francisco's 53-man roster, can go into the season confident he won't face any suspensions from the NFL according to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee. A league source said today that Cox won't be disciplined in relation to a sexual assault case from 2010 and that the 49ers and Cox have been notified of the decision. The 49ers signed Cox in March shortly after he was found not guilty of sexually assaulting a woman at his Denver apartment in 2010. The woman has since filed a civil suit against Cox and former Broncos teammate Demaryius Thomas, who was at the apartment the night of the alleged incident. Under the league's personal conduct policy, players can be disciplined even if they are found non-guilty in court. The NFL was reviewing Cox's case until recently. "We like Perrish," 49ers defensive coordinator Vic Fangio said earlier this year. "We've got him playing nickel and corner, which are two different positions. There's no carry over from one to the other, from an assignment and technique standpoint. And he's done well learning both those positions and we're very happy to have him. He's given us added depth and he's going to push for added playing time if he continues the work that he's showing so far."

    Source: The Redzone
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

Share This Page