49ers LB Patrick Willis Willing To Re-Work His Contract

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Patrick Willis wants to see Takeo Spikes enough next season that he may be willing to re-work his contract to make it happen. "There's no doubt: I do want him back. If they were to ask me right now, at this very moment, I'd say: 'What do I need to do to make that happen?'" Willis said [Thursday]. Spikes is the most notable defensive starter eligible for free agency. Others heading into their potential final game with the 49ers are linebacker Manny Lawson, nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin and free safety Dashon Goldson. Linebacker Travis LaBoy, who on the injured reserve list, is also a free agent. Willis is here for the long haul, having signed a five-year, $50 million extension in May. He made a plug Thursday for Spikes to stick around, too – at least for one more season. “Takeo is like the better half of me,’’ Willis said. “He’s a guy I watch day in and day out and that, honestly, raises my level of pay play. You look at the film and you’re like, ‘He’s been in the league for 13 years?’ “It’s amazing he wasn’t on the Pro Bowl (roster) or at least as a first-team alternate.”

Source: Sports Illustrated

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010