49ers RB Frank Gore Plans To Hold Out Of Training Camp

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Two-time Pro Bowl running back Frank Gore plans to hold out when 49ers open training camp, according to ESPN. Gore spent the off-season working out in Miami, where he rehabilitated a broken hip sustained last November. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declared him fit on May 27 with a Twitter post that said "he is 100% healthy and fully recovered from his hip injury. He's never looked better." Gore is due to make $2.9 million in salary with a $2 million roster bonus this season. His 2011 cap number is $7.1 million.

Source: San Jose Mercury News

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
  2. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

The news keeps getting better and better for 49ers

3. Article updated.....

4. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Ya seriously, looks like theyre getting the crap end of the stick worse then any team!

5. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Maybe the owners arent willing to deal out the $$

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

...cause they are hoarding it and counting it up to spend on Nnamdi

7. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

^ I would be shocked if he wasn't a Jet. The only thing I think SF might have working for them is hes from the Bay and they might offer him more Cash.

Bout Gore I think he should be paid more but its a risk with his injury history.

8. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

I woulnt spend anymore money on him. We abused the crap out of him

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

don't act like we treated him like Earl Campbell...

10. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

Just another "dime a dozen" really good RB, that will lose his job to the next man which in this case would be Kendall Hunter & Anthony Dixon.

11. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

But for how long?

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He knows hes only got a couple years left and wants to get paid one last time, I don't blame him. Does he deserve it? Dunno, dudes old and gets hurt a lot.

13. warwagon86

warwagon86 Irish Football Fans

absurd statement

14. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

I like the way u proved your point. How about ya'll trying to get Naamdi?
    Wouldn't it be absurd to pay an injury prone RB a lot of money when u have some really good back-ups ready to prove they can be the starter.:fool:

15. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

He is neither dime a dozen or replaceable by anyone on the roster now. If the guy had talent around him and an oc with a brain he would be concensus among the elite. Not sure that his time isn't coming soon, but to say Dixon and Hunter can take over where he left off is, well, absurd.

16. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

Really good RBs in this league are not hard to get, there are only a few special RBs thats worth giving a big contract to. I'm sure your a die-hard 49er fan that thinks Frank is the best RB in the league but if u take a step back w/o being a homer you'll realize that another RB can give you the same production, even if Hunter & Dixon splits the carries. Ya'lls O-line will produce really good RBs for a long time.

17. warwagon86

warwagon86 Irish Football Fans

I neither needed to back up or prove my point.

You made an absurd statement which to be perfectly honest required little brain power in making.

I would like you to back up your point? Kind of hard when a guy is on a mediocre team, albeit my team, and he's been consistent season after season.

And I guarantee you any team would gladly have him as their premier back.

18. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

Sure I have no problem repeating myself over and over. He is really good:cool:, yet last season was his 6th season and he broke his hip. RBs careers are not very long especially when they have accumulated so many injuries, but I love loyal fans I respect u for that. If u believe the 49ers should sign him to a 4 or 5 yr contract that is something ya'll will have to live with not me.

Imo Kendall Hunter and Anthony Dixon would be really good together, and ya'lls O-line is special.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  19. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...

20. Harbaugh is prolly putting the gun to his head right now as we speak...