49ers RB Frank Gore Wouldn't Like Being In A Three-Back System

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 29, 2010.

1. When asked about a three-running back situation, a possibility raised by 49ers Director of Player Personnel Trent Baalke on Friday, running back Frank Gore said he might be worried about getting into a rhythm if he wasn't the running back of first-third downs. "Personally I wouldn't like it," Gore said.

Source: Sacramento Bee

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

no player worth his weight likes not being "the guy".

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Fantasy owners feel you Gore! :icon_frown:

4. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

You need some relief sometimes, Frank.

5. bambam

bambam Rookie

Frank is the feature, but it would definitely benefit him long term to take less wear. Most underrated running back in the game though. Blitz pickup is incredible, downhill runner, pad level always great, and explosive!

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

3 back system isnt the way to go. Too conjested, and waste of talent

Signed

Felix Jone and Tashard Choice

7. bambam

bambam Rookie

I think for the boys, Choice wasn't used enough and you're starting to see that aggressive style Barber plays with and the pounding he has taken has affected him. Don't get me wrong, Barber is a man ffor sure, but you can only run that way for so long before it tears you down. Jones is definitely the guy there now

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Thats the thing with a 3 back system as opposed to a 2 back system. Its hard to find a role for that 3rd back, who winds up basicly being a standard backup. Skill set wise, Choice didnt offer what Barber didnt really (althogh at this stage I consider Choice the superior back)

Spiller or Best would be a very nice compliment to Gore, and I dont really know where Coffee stands

9. bambam

bambam Rookie

I think Coffee could be good, The oline just didn't do a good enough job last year. Im concerned about Spiller because he's had a nagging toe and ankle problem. Best just had that crazy neck injury, but I think that was more of a fluke. Toe problems persist for a long time as well as ankles