49ers Rookie WR Michael Crabtree Close To Signing?

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Oct 5, 2009.

1. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Crabtree holding out the entire season would be more entertaining to me but if he does end up signing with SF I hope they at least make him bow down and kiss the ring first. :icon_cheesygrin:

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He needs his butt kicked, I hope he doesn't get signed even if he ends up an MVP somewhere. I'd rather throw this season away draft wise and wait till next year and pick up a receiver.

3. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I still think he signs.

I'm definitely not overly optimistic about it but whatever, I will try to spare some optimism that if he (and I think he will) signs, that it works out for the best.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Its crazy that this has gone on so long

5. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

:icon_cheesygrin: [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Jeesh i hope he doesnt sign. And then he will be the biggest butt in next years draft as well. lol that would even be funnier if he showed up at the draft and not get pick up until the 2nd round.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

best thing would be he holds out all year and gets taken in the 3rd and just dominates from day one

8. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

man heck this douche bag don't give him anymoney

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

If by "dominates" your talking 50 catches for 600 yards per year, then I can definatly see it from Reggie Williams Lite

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The 49ers better not cave in either. If the team doesn't cave, then the player usually does cave if either side does.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Thats IF he even gets drafted should he enter the 2010 draft. I hope he doesn't get drafted next year if this is the case.

11. K Train

i would absolutely bet my life savings that he would get drafted next year...hes not like a hardcore thug criminal, he just doesnt want to play for the niners.

i would say 3rd but i wouldnt be shocked if he went in the second or even late first

imo hes alot better than reggie williams, but i see the comparison

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

How much do you have in your life savings?

13. Jihad Joe

Williams was a freaking animal in school and didnt play in a WR system like Crabtree

IMO Williams was a much better prospect

14. K Train

i disagree.

and williams could have been good, but he went to place where wrs go to die

15. Jihad Joe

Williams was bigger, strong, more coachable (which isnt saying much) and pray on single coverage

If Crabtree went to Washington, he would be lucky to be a late first round pick

Screw I think Dwayne Jarrett was a better prospect

16. K Train

you are pretty alone on that.

i know all your knocks on him, spread offense, one on one coverages, pass happy team.

but as a prospect hes got all the tools. He was not covered one on one his whole college career, he dominated every kind of coverage. Hes got great hands, great leaping ability, hes no fun to bring down.

i know why people hate him, hes a pr**k. theres alot of buttholes in the league...he wants money and not to play for the niners....its happened before, just cause hes an butthole doesnt mean he cant contribute.

i see more of a bowe/boldin-like guy than a reggie williams

17. Jihad Joe

I hate him because he is overhyped. Quick name on Tech WR in the NFL other than Welker (and Welker is in the right system).....exactly

Crabtree is a decent NFL prospect that people overvalued due to stats. Sam Hurd is a Bowe/Boldin type. Doesnt mean he is nearly as good, or in Turds case any good at all. Bowe and Boldin are alot more sudden than Crabtree, Crabtree isnt nearly as quick off the snap as those two

Considering that and than fact that is 10 yard split wouldnt have been as marginal as his 40 (which is a better measuring stick for WR's) I dont see him as anymore than a good possesion WR in the NFL once the hype quites and the game starts

Jarrett may have been a stretch, but considering Crabtree's attitude, I see a similar career

18. K Train

ok but the system doesnt say it all....georgia tech doesnt crank out WRs like some schools and run purely triple option, but they produced calvin johnson (by no means is this a CJ/Crabtree comparison)

now possession, maybe, but theres alot of great possession wrs. steve smith on the giants is a possession guy but is starting to look like a premier pass catcher. marshall is a possession guy, but he like crabtree is no fun to tackle and is a great leaper.

its not all about the system they played in, sometimes it is, but hes a good prospect no matter where he would have played...he would have crushed at usc or ohio state too. not the fastest guy but a guy that could produce alot of yards and TDs. not even close to the prospect calvin or andre johnson were, but similar to bowe and boldin IMO

19. Jihad Joe

The huge difference between Calvin and Crabtree is that Calvins offence didnt dictate to the WR's and QB's like TT.

Know one know's if he would have crushed at USC or OSU (I would take Robo 17 time a week over Crabtree just as a WR) because he didnt lay in that system, he played in a spread.

You say he is like Bowe/Boldin. I say he is like Rickey Perhol, who is that same "type". He is a guy who in the NFL could cause alot of matchup problems in the slot. I just never saw the pure skill in him to be a true elite WR. Boldin played better than his prospect status obviously, but Bowe is a top 10-5 pick had he went back for his SR year and proved his JR year wasnt a fluke

If I had to compare him to anyone playing right now I would call him Michael Jenkins. And Im being a bit kind considering how much I value Crabtree as a prospect

20. K Train

i never said elite, i believe andre and calvin are elite and notice how i said no where near that kind of prospect. i put those 2 way higher than i would put anyone, including fitz, but thats jsut me.

i think hes good, and most of all i think he will be consistant. i guess we'll wait til he signs or doesnt sign to find out