49ers Sign Free Agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Apr 2, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Nnamdi Asomugha is headed back to the Bay Area. After starring in college at the University of California and earning two All-Pro nods with the Oakland Raiders, Asomugha is taking his talents to the other side of the bay.

The cornerback has agreed to terms on a new contract with the San Francisco 49ers, sources told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport on Tuesday.

Asomugha chose the stacked 49ers over a reunion with former Raiders defensive coordinator Rob Ryan on the New Orleans Saints after being courted by both teams.

Source: NFL.com

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

The rich get richer.

3. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Jim Harbaugh " Yeahhh!!!!!!!!!"

4. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Awesome!!! Hope he gets close to his pre-Philly form.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I know Culliver is shaking in his cleats...

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

bummer. oh well, guess we go after Winnfield

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

dont make the mistake in getting hype cause even playing man to man he sucked

expect alot of this

[​IMG]

and this
    [​IMG]

................................and this
    [​IMG]

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I like it a lot. Getting out of that cesspool of a team in PHI and getting back to good coaches who know how to use him should help quite a bit. He's not the All-Pro he was in OAK anymore but he's still a solid press guy when he's allowed to get physical. Should be a nice fit and push/help the younger guys along.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Oh I can play too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  10. ball in the baskett

well see how it goes for you but hes not getting any younger atleast its a 1 year deal

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

12. ball in the baskett

i may hate him for the way he played with us but gotta say hes a good dude after seeing this wanting to earn his money
    [​IMG]Adam Schefter þ@AdamSchefter3hCB Nnamdi Asomugha is signing a 1-yr deal with 49ers worth $1.35 million in base salary, but get this: He didn't want ANY guaranteed money.mdi
    @Walnuts

13. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He's going to get back into the top tier of dbs in the league, not a doubt in my mind.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Thats some freaking bossy crap right there.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

It just occurred to me that this might be leading to Cully potentially getting tossed into the mix at FS. He played more safety than corner in college, and Id expect him to be just as good or better than Dahl/Robinson/Spillman/rookie/whoever...

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

if utilized properly, i have no doubt nnamdi can still be a good cb. it will be interesting to see how he does this season.

17. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'm pretty sure Ronnie Lott could return from retirement without any training and be an upgrade over Dahl.

18. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Nice pickup, but I still hope we grab a CB and S in the draft. I don't think they'll slide Cully to S though. He was rated really well last year. Unfortunately had his worst game in the SB

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

That's a hell of a crystal ball you have there.

I don't often agree with BITB, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you are going in with high expectations from him.

20. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i refuse to believe hes just done after how good he was in oakland. He'll probably be cashing in on another big deal after this season. SF has a much better defense and much better d-coordinator. I would expect him to be their best corner easily