49ers Trade QB Shaun Hill To The Lions For A 7th Rd. Pick

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Mar 14, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Shaun Hill to the Detroit Lions for a seventh-round draft pick in 2011, according to a league source. Hill, who was 10-6 as the 49ers starter, finished the season behind Alex Smith on the depth chart but the team recently signed a new backup quarterback in David Carr. The Lions offensive coordinator, Scott Linehan, is familiar with Hill having coached him in Minnesota.

Source: Sacramento Bee

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
  2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

:jawdrop:

Well the Lions got a good backup for a bargain.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's dirt cheap...good move by the Lions. He's an upgrade over Culpepper.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

And you have to wonder what Drew Stanton's future now holds. CFL anyone?

5. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

A 7th for a solid back up.. I must say that the Lions are doing everything right to improve their team.

Great move

6. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

the key thing is a 2011 pick thats nuts

stanton will remain on the team this is the final year of his contract and is making the min no point cutting him, although if someone wanted him in a trade (unlikely) im sure they would have him on the 1st plane out

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

weezy....are you crapting yourself yet????

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Nice move by the Lions.

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Lions.......1
    49er's......0

10. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Smart move by the Lions, something happens to Stafford they'll be just fine until he returns

11. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Lions got a good deal, but realistically Niner fans didn't expect anything from him; and the team was just going to cut him if no one came forward. Good for both sides, but def. a great pickup for the Lions. Wish him the best of luck and would rather see him in red and gold than Carr.

12. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Hill would have been cut anyway... Detroit could have got him for nothing (though a next year 7th round is pretty much nothing).

13. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

Nice grab........ When stanton went down the few times last season I was like well we are Screwed becuase cullpepper is burnt out...... but now with hill I think we have a much better chance with hill coming in then Cullpepper.

I just really hope that Stanton gets his act together, he was a good QB at MSU but hit the NFL and nothing so far......