49ers vs. Cardinals injury report: Dan Skuta questionable, Mario Manningham roster spot up for...

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by LebaneseFF, Dec 27, 2013.

1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

[​IMG]
    The 49ers and Cardinals released their Week 17 injury report. We break down the notable names. New to Niners Nation? Sign up here and join the discussion!

The San Francisco 49ers and Arizona Cardinals released their final injury reports for Week 17, and we have a couple interesting details to consider.

Mario Manningham is listed as out, but he was already placed on injured reserve. He will not appear on playoff injury reports. Where it gets interesting is how the 49ers address the now open roster spot. Moving Manningham to IR opens leaves the 49ers with 52 players on their 53-man roster. With a full roster, the 49ers would need to deactivate seven players. Some have suggested Chuck Jacobs could get activated, but if it happens, I wouldn't be surprised if it was next week. The 49ers would deactivate Jacobs this week anyway, so it would not surprise me if they wait.

Dan Skuta is listed as questionable, while the rest of the injury report consists of probable designations. Skuta sat out the entire week of practice. He could still end up playing, but I would be a bit surprised if he was active Sunday. If he had gotten in at least one limited practice session I could see him active, but I'm just not seeing it. And with the playoffs just around the corner, it makes sense to get him back to 100 percent.

49ers injury report

Out: WR Mario Manningham (knee)

Questionable: LB Dan Skuta (foot)

Probable: LB Navorro Bowman (wrist), CB Tarell Brown (ribs), WR Michael Crabtree (wrist, ankle), C Jonathan Goodwin (not injury related), RB Frank Gore (knee), G Mike Iupati (knee), TE Vance McDonald (ankle), WR Kassim Osgood (shin), DT Justin Smith (shoulder)

Cardinal injury report

Questionable: LB John Abraham (groin), G Daryn Colledge (back), S Rashad Johnson (ankle)

Probable: DT Darnell Dockett (shoulder), TE Rob Housler (groin), RB Rashard Mendenhall (finger), QB Carson Palmer (right elbow, ankle), T Nate Potter (ribs), LB Matt Shaughnessy (groin), QB Drew Stanton (knee), LB Daryl Washington (ankle)

[​IMG]
    More from Niners Nation
    Follow @NinersNation Follow @SBNationNFL

Source: Continue reading...

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Why can't there be more on the 49ers OUT list? Like there entire defense.