49ers vs. Falcons injury report: Mike Iupati, Mario Manningham remain question marks

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by LebaneseFF, Dec 21, 2013.

1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

[​IMG]
    The 49ers and Falcons released their final injury reports for Monday Night Football. We break down the notable names, including one particular DNP from the day. New to Niners Nation? Sign up here and join the discussion!

The San Francisco 49ers and Atlanta Falcons released their final injury reports for Week 16 Monday Night Football, and we have what I think is a modest development. The 49ers got in their final practice session, and wide receiver Mario Manningham did not participate, with a listing of "illness/knee".

Manningham has been on the injury report frequently since his return. He has missed practices but he usually gets back in as a limited participant at some point in the week. This week, Manningham sat out Thursday's practice session, but then was a limited participant on Friday. The fact that Manningham was a DNP after the limited sessions does not strike me as a good sign for his status Monday. Manningham was a limited participant last week, so having two DNPs for the week is problematic. Maybe Quinton Patton time is here!

Mike Iupati was limited again on Saturday, and is listed as questionable. Odds don't seem great at this point, and I have to think the 49ers would be more inclined to get him ready for Week 17, or even just wait until the playoffs get here. You want your best guys out there, but not at the expense of long-term complications. And for an offensive lineman bending down at the knees, they might as well just take their time on this.

49ers injury report

Questionable: G Mike Iupati (knee), WR Mario Manningham (illness, knee), TE Vance McDonald (ankle), LB Dan Skuta (foot)

Probable:LB Navorro Bowman (wrist), CB Tarell Brown (ribs), WR Michael Crabtree (ankle, wrist), C Jonathan Goodwin (not injury related), RB Frank Gore (ankle, knee), DT Justin Smith (shoulder)

Falcons injury report

Out: WR Darius Johnson (ankle), S Zeke Motta (hand, neck)

Questionable: TE Tony Gonzalez (toe), RB Antone Smith (knee), LB Sean Weatherspoon (knee)

Probable: S Thomas DeCoud (concussion)

Source: Continue reading...