49ers vs. Falcons TV schedule: Where to watch the game in the US and around the world

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by LebaneseFF, Dec 20, 2013.

1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

[​IMG]
    We take a look at where the 49ers-Falcons Week 16 game will be broadcast in the United States, the UK and on Armed Forces Network. We also include a call for any other viewing options around the world. New to Niners Nation? Sign up here and join the discussion!

The San Francisco 49ers play their final primetime game of the regular season, hosting the Atlanta Falcons on Monday Night Football. The primetime affair means the game will be broadcast across the country on ESPN. That means no need for the 506sports.com broadcast maps! However, If you want to watch it with other 49ers fans, make sure and check out our sports bar thread.

The game will be broadcast by Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden, with Lisa Salters on the sideline. Also, the MNF pre-game crew will be a bit different as Chris Berman is handling the final Candlestick duties instead of Stuart Scott. Berman has become a caricature of himself, but he's been around for all sorts of big moments in Candlestick history.

Given that this is likely the final game at Candlestick Park, the 49ers have some festivities planned. At halftime, they'll honor "The Catch" as the No. 1 49ers moment in Candlestick Park history. Additionally, there will be tributes to "key individuals in Candlestick Park history". Finally, there will be some kind of post-game farewell ceremony. I don't know if ESPN will get that, although given their post-game coverage at the MNF site, I imagine we'll see some of it. The team is giving out glow sticks to fans for that ceremony.

If you are outside the US, we're back once again to help figure out how you can watch the game. We cannot provide any illegal streams because, well, they're illegal. There are a couple other options. I believe Verizon subscribers can watch games live with the NFL Mobile app (subscription required). The only other legal online stream available in the U.S. is NFL Rewind, which allows you to watch the games AFTER the fact. If you live outside the United States and Mexico, normally you can look into NFL Game Pass, but this game might not be on Game Pass for some folks.

Canada: Per our friends at A Rouge Point, the game should be broadcast on TSN.

United Kingdom: The game will be aired on British EuroSport (per NFL UK).

Armed Forces Network-Europe: AFN Sports will air the game.

Far East: Our friends at All Sports Network TV will broadcast the game live Tuesday at 9:40 a.m. Hong Kong time. It will re-broadcast on Tuesday, at 8:30 p.m. Hong Kong time. The broadcast will appear throughout Southeast Asia. Check out their map if you live out there.

In previous threads, we had people throwing out all sorts of tv channels around the world where you can watch the game. I'll list them below, but feel free to post any details you find of channels in your neck of the world. I don't expect all of these to be applicable this week, but it will help you narrow your search.

Sweden: Viasat Sport

Brazil: Local ESPN channel

Spain: Canal+ Deportes

Mexico: Foro TV (SKY 106)

Source: Continue reading...