49ers WR Michael Crabtree's Press Conference

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Michael Crabtree speaks from 49ers headquarters in Santa Clara, CA. Mike Singletary speaks first about the amount of time Michael Crabtree has missed by not signing earlier. The terms of the contract will not be discussed but it is a 6 year deal. Singletary is excited to have Crabtree's talent in house finally. It's going to be a process and he will not play this week and hopefully after the bye week he'll be ready to go. Michael Crabtree says that his approach was to let his agent handle everything. He says this is a very humbling experience to come in at this point. He can't wait to work with Coach Singletary and he hopes he can contribute and anything he can do to help the team win, he'll do. He says he's watched every game that the 49ers have played and he's happy with what he's seen. Asked what type of numbers does he hope to put up and he says he's not a numbers guy, he's a football player.

Source: Gridironfans.com

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Really shocked that they got this worked out.

I hope he was worth the headache.

3. krfire

krfire Team Veteran

Bullcrap, if he was a football player he would have signed a long time ago. There needs to be some kind of rookie salary cap.

4. Darius Ali

Darius Ali 1st Stringer

Funny... Im not a numbers guy.... Wont play unless the numbers in his salary go up....

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I saw it was for 6 years, 32 million.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So he actually got more than the 5 year $20 million?

Wasn't that the original offer?

7. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

They added on a 6th year so in essence I don't believe he got more, they have set up incentives though and from what I understand a few of them are pretty hard to reach if at all. There's supposedly one that if he goes to the pro bowl 2 of his first 4 years his 6th year is thrown out, something like that. I'll have to check and see where I saw or heard that.

9. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

I totally agree.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Now that he is a 49er I really hope that he puts as much effort into his job as he did in NOT originally signing the first contract. He can say he's been humbled by all of this but until he proves his worth on the field I'm not believing a damn word.

11. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

His deal pretty much fits in his slotted position:

7. Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Oakland - 5 years, $38.2 million ($23.5M guaranteed)
    8. Eugene Monroe OT Jacksonville - 5 years, $35.4 million ($19.2M guaranteed)
    9. B.J. Raji DT Green Bay - 5 years, $28.5 million ($18M guaranteed)
    10. Michael Crabtree WR San Francisco - 6 years, $32 million ($17M guaranteed)
    11. Aaron Maybin DE Buffalo - 5 years, $25 million ($15M guaranteed)
    12. Knowshon Moreno RB Denver - 5 years, $23 million ($13M guaranteed)
    13. Brian Orakpo DE Washington - 5 years, $20 million ($12.1M guaranteed)

12. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Oh please! Just STFU! Don't talk about be humbled and don't shift the blame on your agent.
    You're the employer here. Your agent is the employee. Not the opposite. If you really wanted to be there earlier, all you had to do was tell your agent to make it happen... or hire another one. You could have saved everyone's time but you chose not to.