5 days to draft spot 2

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by peterjason, Aug 19, 2014.

1. peterjason

peterjason DP 2018 Premium Member

Ok I have done the homework. I pick 2nd and here are the best available because of the keeper league
    Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Peyton Manning, Demaryius Thomas, Drew Brees, Julio Jones. (yes Jimmy Graham will be gone too)
    I am keeping L. Bell (10th round) and C. Patterson (9th round). Then obviously I'll pick again at 23rd and 26th. How do I start this right.
    1 point PPR, 6 points per QB passing touchdown and all TD's. 1 point/10 yards rush or receive, no bonus, 1 point/25 yards passing.

2. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I would try to get Dez, if not him then either Marshall or Thomas.

3. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Jason have you made up a cheat sheet with this league's scoring? What I would do is make your cheat sheets and cross out the guys taken and see what value is left.

I'd go Bryant, Marshall, Thomas and Jones. Wouldn't blame you for putting Thomas ahead of all of them. Especially with Decker gone. Although all 4 receivers are fairly close in value. It's tempting to take Peyton with 6 points per TD, but 2nd is too high.

What running backs are left? It'd be nice if there was someone else there to pick to pair with Bell since his value is slipping a bit. 10th round is still a steal, so don't think of dropping Bell. Just in case you were wondering.

4. peterjason

peterjason DP 2018 Premium Member

I have the cheat sheet and it says Bryant, Thomas, J. Jones, Nelson, Marshall. The best available RB's are Ball, Foster, and Vereen.
    My biggest problem with the sheets is putting the WR's and RB's together (and TE's) to get the value working. Any help, I read the instructions but not getting it.

5. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

When you fill out your initial scoring, leave all zero's for quarterback. Don't add them to the roster settings or scoring settings.

This will give you a full list of RBs, WRs, and TEs and leave quarterbacks out.