A.I. To The Knicks?

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by TJ, Nov 16, 2009.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Allen Iverson is on the Knicks' radar. Donnie Walsh confirmed tonight that the club will explore signing the former MVP, who parted ways with the Memphis Grizzlies.

Once Iverson clears waivers on Wednesday he will become a free agent and can negotiate with any club.

New York Knicks to meet with Allen Iverson after former guard parts ways with Memphis Grizzlies

The last time the Knicks were relevant, I was still in high school, and still follwed basketball closely. This has been a wasted decade and I don't see how any star, let alone LeBron will sign with them next summer.

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

i know a club up in philly where the fans are chanting his name.

1 person likes this.
  3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

A.I and Lebron next year...

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

a.i. would put asses in the seats for the knicks or even the sixers but his skills have diminished and he won't accept being a 6 man. shame because on the right team he would florish in that role getting 12-16mins a game to come in and put up points.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I hate the knicks but if he signed with them i would root for him still.

we should look at him to because right now the team doesent really have a pg. We have jrue holiday a rookie and a first year starter with louis williams.

The sixers are gonna do what they do every year anyway 500 team make the playoffs win 1 or 2 games eliminated 1st round. Sixers fans still love him and would errupt if they got him back.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I would pass if I was the 76ers. You have some quality small guards and you have to let themselves play through. And you guys still have a young core with AI2, Young and Speights.

Louis Williams to me is a Ben Gordon type to me, not really a ture point. He is a guy that can drop 18 a game with 30 minutes off the bench. But he will get valuable expireince running on offence that will make him a better overall player. Holliday is a guy I loved, he is a Rondo clone to me, but he played very little PG in college because of Collision, so he can be expected to light it up out the gate. I think he will be forcing himself in the rotation by midseason

7. ball in the baskett

I like jrue holiday i havent watched many sixers games yet this season but the one i watched i was impressed with him. Hes only getting limited playing time though. i heard speights got injured not sure how serious it is. AI2 and thad are good but we need 3 point shooters. That was our problem last year we ranked pretty low in that catagory.

Elton brand blows for the amount of money we gave him its bull crap. We have bad luck with that position first tried to fix it with chris webber now him.

I would just want AI back cause hes my favorite player and either way the sixers are gonna be 1 and done in the playoffs because of the lack of 3 point shooters and elton brand is a bust so far.

8. Jihad Joe

With Brand its a health thing. You guys made a big mistake signing him coming off an injury, but Speights has developed really nicely so its not like PF is a real hole. Ots not that you guys have bad luck, its that with Webber like Brand you made a bad investment on an over the hill player

If its shooters you want, then why do you want AI? His game has alway's been penetration

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Looked it up. Speights is out 6 to 8 weeks

9. ball in the baskett

I dont want AI back because its gonna help us become a really good team. Its just that if we are gonna barley make the playoffs and get eliminated in the first round i would atleast want my favorite player on the team. Plus i dont dont think AI is over the hill i just think teams are putting him in a situation he doesent want to be in. He might not be the 01 iverson that took the sixers to the finals almost by himself but i think he could still be a star player.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

yea it doesent look good for the sixers

10. Jihad Joe

I see what your saying, personally I think he would take valuable minutes and situations away from the younger guards that in the long run will help them get deeper in the Playoffs

I personally think AI's best fit is 2 minutes on a championship team. I would love him in Boston

11. ball in the baskett

Its gonna take a while to do that. Past 2 years in the first round they show glimpses of being good and maybe some hope that they would eliminate detriot or orlando and then they crumble under pressure.

I think going to detroit ruined his career because people now see him as that type of guy when he isnt. When he was in denver the nuggets were still a good team and he was playing fine. Then in detriot he gets injured gets demoted and all the sudden hes over the hill i think thats bull.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

you do realize that denver got rid of him because he was holding them back and was a problem in the locker room right ? look what happened as soon as he left.

he is over the hill. his advantage was his speed. he doesn't have it anymore. now no team will deal with his POS attitude because there is not enough talent to make up for it.

the sixers would be 5times worse off if they brought him back.

13. ball in the baskett

Well he might as well retire cause his attitudes been the same ever since he was drafted. He needs to be the #1 guy in his mind. Thats why he went to the grizz but even they wouldent let him be the #1 guy.

either way i will still remember him for all the awesome memorys as a sixer
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhupAHqkf1Q]YouTube - allen iverson game winning buzzer beater in overtime[/ame]

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

well the sixers are in the position they are right now in large part due to iverson. followed by billy king.

15. ball in the baskett

Not really billy king was horrible but AI doesent have anything to do with how the team is now. Billy king got chris webber stupid move but even ed stefanski paid elton brand a crapload for 10pts a game. It screwed it all up and thats after iverson left. Atleast our draft picks are good thadeous young,speights,and jrue holiday all solid players.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

umm yes really, king signed stiffs like webber to make iverson happy plus king had no choice as nobody else wanted to come and play on the team with iverson. king drafted the way he did because of iverson. AI is a big reason we didn't draft paul peirce. king was trying to trade iverson for three years before he did but couldn't because he couldnt get a decent deal.

not to mention the fact that our draft picks never got a chance to develope because AI had to dominate the ball. AI was nothing more than a midget version of george gervin. ton of talent but refused to play team ball.

17. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Good ridance to AI, an inefficient ball hog whose selfishness on and off the court prevented him from winning a championship and becoming one of the all time greats.

Don't consider me a hater, because he had tons of talent and he was exciting to watch, but his crapty attitude and the lack of spine authority figures showed him throughout his career are to blame.