A Rose Garden Party

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by SportsChump, Jun 24, 2016.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I broke out my Knicks hat the other day for the first time in a long time.

Even though I am a native New Yorker, growing up only a short subway ride from Madison Square Garden, I can’t necessarily say I’m a Knicks fan. After all, it’s not like they’ve given their fans anything to cheer about lately.

That all changed on Wednesday afternoon.

Read along at: http://sportschump.net/2016/06/24/rose-garden-party/17534/

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm a Knicks fan since the Ewing / Starks years, and I in no way think Rose will be the answer. He'll help if he stays healthy (biggest IF in the history of sports), but that's it.

I read on ESPN that Phil Jackson said they'll make a push for Durant in free agency, now that the salary cap is supposed to increase by a lot...

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I like Durant, Noah... or both.

Here's hoping they're relevant again.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Did anybody see the trade that OKC made with Orlando? They traded Serge Ibaka for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova, and Domantas Sabonis. Some are saying that trade was made to tweak the roster as a sort of appeal to Durant to stay in OKC.

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

That wouldn't surprise me one bit. As an Orlando Magic fan, however, I'm just pissed that my team allows itself to be used in such ordeals. This team is nowhere near competitive.

I mean, they just traded their number three pick from a few years ago AND A FEW OTHER PLAYERS for f**k**ing Serge Ibaka.