According To Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill OG Richie Incognito and OT Jonathan Martin Like Friends

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by markaz, Nov 7, 2013.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill said an accurate description of the offensive linemen at the center of a bullying scandal would be that they were like best friends and brothers.

"If you asked Jonathan Martin a week before who his best friend is he would have said Richie Incognito," Tannehill said Wednesday, responding to questions about the alleged bullying that led Martin to abruptly leave the team last week and the Dolphins to suspend Incognito indefinitely on Sunday.

"I would say Jonathan is like Richie's little brother," Tannehill said. "I think that's an accurate description. He gave him a hard time, he messed with him, but he was the first guy to have his back."

Incognito is accused of using a racial slur against Martin and threatening violence against him and his mother in a voicemail Martin turned over to the NFL, which is investigating the matter.

Source: Sports Network

markaz's Take: NFL players generally came out to defend its own over the past 36 hours and I'm sure that quite a bit of it is true (in support of Incognito). However, there is a line, even with brothers, that if you cross it, it is a violation. Talking about a guy's mother, stalking his family and insults in the public forum to the point where the guy files a formal complaint is a different matter. Since when does "having his back" give somebody the right to conduct themselves like this?

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Re: According To Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill OG Richie Incognito and OT Jonathan Martin Like Fri

This gets more and more interesting each day.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Re: According To Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill OG Richie Incognito and OT Jonathan Martin Like Fri

huh? i don't think martin felt that way. he has completely thrown richie under the bus and now threatened his livelihood.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Full blown out "He Said, He Said."

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I wonder what will be said tomorrow...

6. markaz

I'm starting to think that the Dolphins are just delusional. For Tannehill to even suggest that these two were friends/brothers is just nuts. But I guess it's to be expected when both Incognito and Tannehill are/were on the Dolphins Leadership Council.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Or maybe by his actions, Richie has done this to himself...

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Incognito being on any sort of Leadership Council should be the first red flag!

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

They were voted by the players, including Martin, who voted for both. The voicemail seemed bad, but the media cut out Richie's last words, which were "Ok man, call me back." This whole thing just doesn't pass the smell test.

10. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM]Arte Johnson - Very interesting - YouTube.flv - YouTube[/ame]

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I thought I heard there were some, but can't find anyone really coming out against Incognito has there?

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yeah they were guys from other teams.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

People who don't know the whole "story..."

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Exactly.

15. markaz

I got that, I was just alluding to the fact that both reside on the council and that Tannehill would support Incognito.

Very interesting about the edited soundbite from the voicemail. Hadn't heard that one. That's one of the problems in being spoon-fed what we're suppose to hear and read.

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

rickie williams quit two weeks before the season a few years back,so how is this that much different than the current problem? bottom line is both guys quit and walked away.