Advice 16 team ppr league advice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by clemdog1108, Aug 29, 2014.

1. clemdog1108

clemdog1108 Feb 26th, 2016 Premium Member

3rd pick, 1 qb, 1 rb, 1 rec, 3 flex, 1 def, 1 kicker
    qb gets 1 pt for every 10 yrd over 200 yrds.

2. clemdog1108

How do I set up my cheat sheet for this league?

3. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I do it as 2 rb and 2 or 3 wr

4. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Since your flex is whacky, I'd go 3-4 on RB and WR. That will give you enough guys to look at.

5. clemdog1108

What do I do about the qb getting 1 pt for every 10 yards over 200?

6. clemdog1108

And how about 1 pt for every rb reception? how can I figure that in?

7. Greg Brosh

Unfortunately, you can't put in the 10 point over 200 yards. But when you think about it, most quarterbacks go over 200 yards anyways. So guys like Manning, Brees, etc will still be valued high. I honestly think I would draft like usual with the list since it would still go by passing yards thrown.

When you add 1 point per reception under "receiving," that will factor in catches for running backs as well :) Everything under receiving counts for guys like McCoy, Charles.

8. clemdog1108

Thanks for you reply. I'm very new to this so sorry if some of these questions sound stupid.
    In this 16 team league, I'm very much the underdog! lol
    I have the 3rd pick. Who would you go with? The first 2 picks I'm guessing will be Charles and McCoy but if I followed my cheat sheet if I had the first pick, it has Manning, Rodgers and Calvin Johnson.
    At this point, I'm very confused. Thanks for any advice you can give!!

9. Greg Brosh

Not stupid questions at all :)

Since it's a 16 team league, I would secure a running back first. The drop off from the running back you pick at that spot to when it gets back to you again is going to be huge. Especially in a 16 teamer.

Quarterbacks are going to come up at the top of the cheat sheet in every draft simply because they will score the most points. Only problem is that you will suffer elsewhere by taking one so high.

At 3, you're guaranteed a Peterson or Forte. When it comes back to you, I would go Best Player Available at wide receiver and quarterback per your sheet. Usually I don't say that, but a 16 teamer is harder at the turn when it comes back to you with the 2nd and 3rd picks because the talent pool really starts to dwindle.

10. SNPokc

I would secure a top wr with the 2nd(even thought it will likely be a WR2 type guy) and a qb with the 35 (hopefully someone like Ryan will be available). It's always important to remember in large leagues, EVERYONE'S team will be EQUALLY bad. There is just no way to be strong at all positions in a large league.

11. clemdog1108

My draft is tomorrow at 6:30. Is there anyway yall can help me besides what your doing now which is uuuuge!!!

12. clemdog1108

I'm guessing I have a shot at getting Forte, Cruz, Garcon or Cobb, and Stafford Foles or Luck.
    Does that sound reasonable?

13. Greg Brosh

Can't help you during, unfortunately. You'll just have to take the advice we give you and roll with it during the picking.

14. SNPokc

Just try to get a solid player at each position and then try to land some guys with huge upside. Best advice I have for a big league. Just don't panic, everyone is in the same situation

15. clemdog1108

Ok Here it is.... Charles, Cobb, Wright, Gerhert, Ryan, C. Jordan, Hopkins, West, Mathews eagles, Cunningham, Chiefs D

16. Greg Brosh

Ryan

Charles
    Gerhart
    Mathews
    West
    Cunningham

Cobb
    Wright
    Hopkins
    Jordan

Eagles
    Chiefs

Good team for a 16 team league, although you don't have a kicker?

17. clemdog1108

Graham Carolina
    Should I look for anyone in particular on the waiver wire to replace one of my dudes?

18. Greg Brosh

I doubt there is much on your waiver wire on a 16 team league. You can name a few backs and receivers, but you have a fairly good crop already.