Advice needed for #4 Pick

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by the2js97, Aug 19, 2014.

1. the2js97

the2js97 2nd String Premium Member

Wanted to get your thoughts on the #4 pick.

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I like stud RB with the top 5 picks -

Also read this - http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/fantasy-football-draft-strategy-quarterbacks/ which advocates taking the top tier RB first, followed by the top tier WR and TE, followed by the top tier QB. Meaning, if a top tier RB is still around at pick 5, choose him. It also means, if you're at pick 8 and all the top tier RB are gone, it's time to look at the top tier WR/TE. And finally, if you're at pick 10 and all the top tier WR/TE/RB are gone you could consider a top Tier QB if your league is QB friendly. Also, if you have drafted with this league before you may have a hunch if one of those top tier QB will available in Round 2, in which case it might be wise to wait until round two. Like I said, read this - http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/fantasy-football-draft-strategy-quarterbacks/

the2js97 likes this.
  3. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

When I'm top 5 this year I'm taking one of the following in this order, mind you this is my opinions.

Charles, McCoy, Forte, Peterson, Lacy.

I'm not taking Lynch in the first round at all. I don't trust players who hold out into camp. I understand charles did, they also resolved it before camp started.

4. Lokibelzer

Lokibelzer Rookie Premium Member

On the fourth pick? You will have a choice of 1 of the 4 stud RBs. Probably Peterson or Forte... not too shabby
    I have the #2 pick and will be setting my eyes on Shady. Rumors have it the first pick this year might be Peyton.

5. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

In a PPR i would go with Forte

In a 6pt TD for a QB I could maybe see peyton go one but the drop off at that position isn't that steep. I mean peyton to rodgers is a value difference of 32 in my league and you could get rodgers in the late second early third easily. Difference of value from McCoy to Murray 57 and you won't get the top 5RB outside of round 1.

6. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Lynch only held out a week.

7. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

My dad is in a league where Peyton went one last year and will again this year, which is ridiculous. Having to wait all those picks just to get back to you, you'll have to hope there is a big run on receivers for a decent running back.

8. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

It still makes me nervous dealing with guys that miss camp. It's never worked in my favor, especially running backs. To me it's like they are saying, I know the tread on my tires is running out, I'm trying to get as much money now as I can. Generally speaking, it's all down from there. I'm firm in getting out on a player a year too early rather than a year too late.. also, I'm a Steelers fan, I buy into their philosophy a lot.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Peterson or Forte at 4.

10. the2js97

thanks for the great feedback. i feel comfortable with forte or AP.

11. the2js97

Thanks. I'm glad i reread that strategy