All I Want To Know about the Ads on GIF

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by HailttRedskins, Apr 7, 2008.

1. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Is wtf is going on with this site, honestly.

Since freaking 1pm today, every time I click on a new section of the forum, it brings up a pop up.

As I said before I don't mind that they come up considering it helps pay the bills, but every time I click a new thread / section?

Makes me not want to come here anymore :icon_sad:

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I only get it once a day. What browser do you use?

3. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

That has happened to me before - you need to clean your cookies, temp files and clear your history - after that all should be good! :icon_cheesygrin:

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I only get a pop-up on my initial visit. Nothing after that.

5. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Same here now - but when I had the problem, I did what I mentioned above and it worked fine!

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Honestly HTR? You are the only member who has complained about this issue. I don't know what to tell you.

7. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Firefox, have NEVER have had this problem before, so no it's not it.

Cleared everything, cookies, cache, temp files, etc, still does it.

Oh well, I'm seriously not going to use this site with bullcrap like this.

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Ok, sorry to see you having these problems. I understand if you gotta do what you gotta do.

9. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

HTTR, I have AdBlockPlus and it hasn't shown any adverts on GIF since I got it. Not a full page ad, not an ad inbetween posts... Nothing.

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Pop ups or the full screen ad? As much as I know do the full screen ads only show up every 6 (8) hours for me. Do you allow cookies?

11. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I get the full page pop up when I log in and again after 6 hours or so if I come back. Never do I get just random pop ups after each thread.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I run Firefox and that's all I get as well. People have to realize just because they are getting things on their computers it isn't always something that is GIF based, we don't have all the answers and it isn't that we don't want to help, we can't help something that isn't happening on a reg. basis to more then one or two members.

If you do have a problem, let us know but please be very specific. Don't tell us something like "My computer is giving me problems" or " when I log in it takes me somewhere else"....generalize isn't going to help us help you and us having to ask specific questions only makes everyone agitated so remember, be very specific, when do it happen, what did you do before it happened, did you try to log completely out and reboot, did you clear your cache already, are your ad blockers up, are you running IE, firefox, opera whatever the case, after that if we can't help you, again, please don't take it personally but we are not computer fix it people, sometimes just posting up a help thread will help you get the answers you need.

13. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Maybe you have your settings so that your cookies get deleted every time you change web page? I think you can do that, clears them out virtually every page you visit.

Long shot but it might be it.

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cookies must be the the issue. Are you at work or at home? I think some companies have cookies turned off by default and only an administrator can change that.

Do you have to log in every time you enter the site?

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

FYI, we are not getting rid of the ads they help pay the server cost monthly and with some of the behind the scenes things that Steve can't do by himself. The prizes that we give for the contests are out of our own pockets, so the ads aren't going anywhere any time soon.

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

ugh forget it. :cry2:

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

i don't see anything in your post crowned

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

you and your racism will be sorely missed.

19. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I only get one full page ad at log in. No pop-ups. Hope he gets it worked out and continues to post. I even have my settings allowing popups so nothing else gets blocked on the page.

20. nlsmike

nlsmike NLS Owner

I am with the rest the one full page thing which I can live with .