Amobi Okoye Already A Bust?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SRW, Aug 18, 2007.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Got to love it if this pans out and he's a bust. The Texans have already wasted two #1 picks on the line and a third bust will just keep that franchise languishing in the cellar.

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

That has got to be the earliest ever speculation of a 1st round bust. I agree that when Petrino passed on him that raised some eyebrows but let the kid play a game or two before calling him a bust. He wasn't a Charlie Casserly pick so maybe he pans out.

3. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

:agreed:

4. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

It's a little early, but if it happens I'll laugh. You should have heard all of the fans on the 49ers board that were all over Okoye leading up to the draft.

5. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

wow texans beat writers like to jump the gun way too soon. Give him some time!

6. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

Bullshiaat!
    Way too early.

7. happ

happ PECAVI

The Texans have had how many defensive line guys not play up to expectations? Perhaps its not the players, but the coaches.

8. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

DeMeco Ryans hasn't been a bust. 126 tackles, 3.5 sacks as a rookie last season.

:OA02:

9. happ

happ PECAVI

Yes, but I was referencing players on the line, Ryans is a linebacker. I was saying the DL coach could be the problem.

10. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i think it is way too early to be calling him a bust

11. fr3sh

fr3sh Rookie

Well the Texans front office is pretty stubborn, so it would not surprise me if another one of their draft picks turned out bad.

But it is definitely to early to say Mario Williams underachieved as well as saying Amobi is a bust.

Way to premature, but it could turn true.

12. bossplaya000

bossplaya000 Bitch I'm the boss

Way too early to call him a bust..

13. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Might be early but the signs are there....

14. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Let's see how he does as the season progresses. It's insanely early to say whether a rookie right now is a bust or not. Okoye is also very young. He'll be much stronger as time goes on and better served against larger OL.

15. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

Cleo sees it in the cards for VY aswell.

:icon_cool:

16. Monietooth

Monietooth Starter

I'd be astonished if Okoye is a bust based on playing skills. He's lightning fast, plenty strong, and was almost unblockable during the entire senior bowl week.

The article's off on one, comparing him to Carricker, who has had a couple of good plays in one pre-season game, but otherwise was held quiet.

Sounds like someone stirring for the sake of it

17. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Weren't you one of them?:icon_wink:

I think It's way too early to call Okoye a bust. Still very young and has barely even played. Let's see how he does in the season.

18. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

A bust already. wow what a moron. Seriously, he's still young and his frame still isn't as developed as it should be. Okoye, will be find just needs to find his rhythm. Petrino likely passed on him because they had a bigger need at DE then they did at DT.

19. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

rofl. a 20 year old, who hadn't even played his first pro game is being called a bust. yeah, he might struggle against these pros, but he's only friggin' 20. give me a break. that writer should be slapped upside his head.

20. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

I'll be loving this if he does turn out to be a bust, everyone passed on Branch until the 2nd round, and he's been unstoppable in camp and preseason. He'll be our starting NT week 1.