Anderson Silva Vs. James Irvin July 19 UFC Event

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by mouse, Jun 17, 2008.

1. mouse

mouse Starter

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4588/anderson-silva-vs-james-irvin-to-headline-july-19-ufc-event.mma

2. Vyse314

Vyse314 Slayer of beasts!

good tester fight at 205 for anderson

i can see the o'brien match being a snoozer if he takes it to the ground

3. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

this guy isnt even a top 15 contender at 205....weak...

speaking of Irvin that is..

4. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I love Anderson Silva as a fighter. I hope he comes in sharp and doesn't take the sandman lightly. Anderson has said he wakls around at roughly 213 so the weight hopefully won't be a problem.

Dana owes some sort of explanation on the reason O'Brien was dropped then brought back to fill a rushed card just to counter program Affliction. I hope they allow him to complete his final two fights on the contract he signed. He's got potential to improve especially at his age.

5. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

yep....he's a natty 215 guy anyway.....its not like he has a ton of work ahead of him. His skillset is still far superior to most at 205...his chin vs the heavier hitters is the only thing i wonder about. Wonder, not worry.....Silva is an ELITE fighter, i think he'll do just fine at 205

6. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I think it could be a pretty good test of Silva's chin as the Sandman has some power. I don't doubt that Silva has the skills to win at 205 but against some of the better strikers he may have problems.

I'm looking forward to seeing O'Brien back.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That was freaking easy.

Way to go Silva!

8. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Silva was born to fight.

9. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

No lie, I went to graba bottle of water out the fridge, and when I got back Irvin was out. lol

10. Vyse314

Vyse314 Slayer of beasts!

fixed that for ya champ