Andy Reid On Eagles' Starting Quarterback In 2011: "We'll See"

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 10, 2011.

1. The Eagles head into an offseason filled with uncertainty, mainly because of the NFL labor contract. Michael Vick is set to become a free agent, and there are no guarantees he'll be back. ESPN reporter Sal Paolantonio says that Kevin Kolb is tired of being a backup quarterback and he'll put pressure on the Eagles to trade him. "We'll see," coach Andy Reid said Monday when asked who will be the team's starting quarterback next season. Vick led the Eagles (10-7) to an NFC East title, but a 21-16 loss to Green Bay in a wild-card game on Sunday spoiled his remarkable comeback story. Reid would like both quarterbacks back, and he doesn't mind that Kolb wants to start. "I'm fired up to hear him say that," Reid said. "You want any player, especially a quarterback, to want to be a great player. That's important at that position. I would love to have him back. Same with Michael. I want him back. They are tremendous players."

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

there is simply way too much news about NEXT season's eagles being discussed when we are in the heart of the playoffs for THIS season .............

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

It was vicks first year back he did a good job as our qb the eagles would be dumb to go back to kolb.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

the eagles' hands may be tied because of the upcoming labor dispute, they may not even be able to tag him.

5. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Even if there is football....it seemed like teams have figured vick out. Those last 3 games he looked pretty bad. Reid obviously wants to keep both just incase. A lot of teams need a good qb...