Andy Reid Praises Eagles Rookie WR Jeremy Maclin

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Jun 10, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Andy Reid couldn't hide his enthusiasm over rookie first-round pick Jeremy Maclin last week when the Eagles opened their current organized team activity workouts. ''He is a really smart kid and he's picking things up very well,'' the coach said. ''I thought he had a fantastic few days in this past week when the rookies and selected vets were in. I thought he really finished up that camp well. We'll just see how he does with the veteran players in here.'' Maclin just hopes similar words are relayed to him after Reid concludes the OTAs with a Thursday press conference, and sends the Eagles off on their own until July 26, when rookies report to Lehigh University for training camp. ''You have to continue it,'' Maclin said. ''It's about being consistent. I'm not going to take those words and run with them. We're not even at training camp yet.''

Source: FOX 43 TV

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Im really excited about having him and lesean. I dont think our draft could have gone any better.

knowshaun moreno<<<<<<< maclin and lesean

Knowshaun is probably gonna be a good back but i rather have 2 starting caliber players for the future.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

reid had high praise for mccoy as well. looks like both are going to be a part of the equation this season too. i can't see westbrook staying healthy all year and i have my worries about curtis as well.

4. ball in the baskett

Hopefully your wrong about westbrook and curtis but it sounds like the future at WR and RB are bright.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

so do i because man it will be sick watching all of them make plays along with weaver at fb but westbrook is what he is and curtis is still dealing with groin issues and it's not even training camp.

6. ball in the baskett

Yea, but the good news is that its not even training camp yet they still have time to get better. Im excited about weaver ive never seen the eagles with a weapon at FB. Do you think he could be for us what mcclain was for the ravens?

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I think he'll be for us what Weaver was for the Seahawks.

Good to hear Maclin's progressing nicely.

8. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Can't wait to see the Eagles get run over.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

like the giants did to them in the playoffs ?

10. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

no more like the Cardinals did. we have no rings to stand on :(

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Cracks me up these little camp blogs...so and so is doing great, so and so is really impressing our staff...OMG every team says that about someone, we know, we get it...

12. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

Yeah but when its about Maclin we all care because he will be ROY, I know I say it in every Maclin thread but just making sure everyone knows it. He will be great this year. Oh and btw I hate the Eagles

13. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Maclin will be the best WR from this draft

I thought the eagles made a mistake taking him as with him and jackson on the same team you take away one of the great strengths in the reutrn game as 2 people cant do it at once. But definite baller

14. ball in the baskett

lorenzo booker was awesome last training camp :Loco:

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd like to see this clip to see if his "praise" and "excitement" is any different than any other expression Reid has.

Who's going to perform better for the Birds? McCoy or Maclin?

16. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I think it will be a tight race...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1WAm1ESPas]YouTube - McCoy vs Maclin[/ame]

17. Raider4Life

Raider4Life Rookie

Eagles had by the far he best off season of any NFL team. They added one of the best LOT in the game in Jason Peters who's still very young. They added a versatile OLinemen in Stacy Andrews who could play G or RT and is a former Pro-Bowler. They added an explosive WR (Maclin) in the draft who is a home run threat. They added a RB (McCoy) to take pressure off Westbrook which will only make Westbrook more rested and be more explosive in the 4th quarter.

Gotta give props to Eagles' front office for adding quality players.

18. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Peters is living of one pro-bowl caliber year

his performance last year was dire and him going to pro-bowl was a joke

19. ball in the baskett

The probowl is way overrated. Eli manning is a probowl caliber QB:icon_rolleyes:

20. Raider4Life

Raider4Life Rookie

You mean you wouldn't take Peters as your LT on your team? The guy will be stud for several more years. You don't get paid top money if your not an elite player and last time I checked he was one of the highest if the not the highest played LOT.