Andy Reid Reportedly Close To Becoming New Cardinals Head Coach

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SRW, Jan 1, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Just one day after announcing the dismissal of head coach Ken Whisenhunt, it is being reported that the Arizona Cardinals are close to bringing in recently fired Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid to take over the Cardinals.

Local TV sports reporter Tim Ring tweeted: "I am reporting the Cardinals are very close to a deal with Andy Reid to become the team's next head coach."

XTRA 910 reporter/broadcaster Mike Jurecki also tweeted: "Hearing Cards are closing in on Andy Reid to become the new head coach of the Cardinals."

When team president Michael Bidwill addressed the media on Monday about the decision to part ways with both Ken Whisenhunt and general manager Rod Graves, he did reveal that Reid was a candidate for the job.

Reid, if hired, will only have one offensive coach on staff -- tight ends coach Freddie Kitchens.

If this proves to be true, there will be two very important questions left to be answered -- who will be the team's GM and what will the fate of defensive coordinator Ray Horton be.

Source: SBNation.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Holy heck that would be fast.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

great for andy

4. DawkinsINT

Will his first order of business be apologizing to Kolb?

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

NFC west is going to be even tougher now :clap:

6. SRW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGF3wDSvd-Q&feature=ytfce]Sources: Reid To Cardinals? - YouTube[/ame]

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

FREAK FREAK FREAK!!! I don't want Andy in the NFC. I know he couldn't win the big one here in Philly but I think he'll land well on his feet. I don't like him in the NFC, especially with something to prove.

That being said, if it happens, good move. Wifes fam is in Phoenix and his fam is in So Cal. Better family support system than in Philly.

8. DawkinsINT

At least he won't be in Dallas, Dragonite.

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Haven't been scared of Andy Reid since the great Jim Johnson passed away...

10. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I knew he was gonna get scooped up fast but god **mn.

11. SRW

Ain't that the truth? Jim Johnson doesn't get the credit he deserves IMO.

12. DawkinsINT

I think many people have completely forgotten about him, or never realized exactly how important he was to the success of the Eagles. The best decision Andy Reid ever made was bringing him on to be his DC.

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Wasn't expecting him to go there. I wish him well.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

He'll finally get Larry Fitzgerald! That's one way to do it. Good for Andy if it happens. Arizona isn't the worst situation out there...

15. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Amen...

One of the greatest defensive minds ever. Another thing I always loved (unless it was against the Bears) was he made the most effective situational blitz calls I've ever seen.

Definitely a huge part of an Andy Reid resume just like Buddy Ryan was for Ditka's.

16. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Why would he apologize? Kolb hasnt done anything to deserve an apology. My guess is he tries to figure out how he could fleece another team and get rid of him.

17. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

that was fast... bring vick to the Cards...

18. SRW

Andy Reid to tell Arizona Cardinals he'll 'fix' Kevin Kolb - NFL.com

:pointlaugh:

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i can't say i like this for either party involved ...............

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Reports out of Arizona is that they have not contacted Reid...lol. Guess they'll do the Rooney Rule thing to get that out of the way (Horton) and then in turn hire Reid...