Andy Reid Reportedly Close To Becoming New Cardinals Head Coach

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SRW, Jan 1, 2013.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

127 would be stoked. Reid will draft a CRAPLOAD of offensive linemen.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

am i the only one who feels arizona is one of the toughest gigs out of all of the openings? playing in a division with young, up and coming teams like seattle and st. louis along with a currently strong team in san fran would make arizona a very hard place to succeed, wouldn't it?

i would think the top choices would be san diego and philly and if this guy now running the football operations in buffalo instead of ralph wilson knows what he is doing, i think the door is open for another team in the AFC East to excel.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It would be tough. But do you know how low expectations are down there? He probably wants to go somewhere that the media is weak and there won't be immense pressure.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't think it's a horrible place. I feel like the Seahawks and the Niners could fall apart with an injury here or there. That NFC West to me is one of those divisions that could have 6 different winners in the next 6 years...

6. CaptainStubing

i disagree that the niners and seahawks are an injury or 2 away from falling apart and adding in that the rams are probably going to get better ............ i wouldn't want the zona gig if i had a choice. not only the division factor, but zona has no QB. i would put S.D., chicago and philly ahead of them, because there appear to be QB's in place on those teams and some of the other ones would be ahead of arizona depending on how their ownership/management/QB situations shake out .............. if the ownership/management/QB situations in k.c., cleveland, and buffalo are actually getting rectified, they could become more appealing also.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd put those ahead of Arizona as well, not the Eagles, but I don't think that Arizona is horrible and I'm not sold that the Niners and Seahawks are perennial power houses in the West. The fact is, the Rams are getting better. If the Cards get Reid, they'll be better. They've always been just above average and Reid may be able to push them up the ladder a bit. Thats going to make it tougher on the Njners and 'Hawks. I just don't think it's a horrible situation to be in. No matter where he goes, he's not going to be expected to win instantly. Chicago has Green Bay, the Eagles might be the worst place with the Cowboys, Giants and Redskins. San Diego has Peyton to deal with for a couple few years. That may be the best place.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think it is the toughest,best two openings in the market are the bears cause they already have a great defense in place,and the eagles because of the younger players on the team,and the fact they had some major injuries this year!

9. CaptainStubing

san diego is not a bad deal either. QB in place...... an owner that is obviously fiercely loyal.............. no GM in place so an experienced coach could ask for full control......... weak division.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think Rivers as QB should be evaluated in the next year or so. Can't really do it now because there's nothing else out there remotely close to better, but I think eventually, he needs to be questioned as the starter in San Diego!