Andy Reid Says Eagles QB Donovan McNabb Will Return

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Eagles coach Andy Reid says Donovan McNabb will be the team's quarterback next season. "That's my call," Reid said Monday when asked who will make the decision to bring McNabb back. "I think he's a great player. His work over the last 11 years has proven that. I truly believe it's a team sport; it's not one guy." McNabb had one of his finest seasons, but struggled badly in consecutive losses to Dallas. The Cowboys beat the Eagles 34-14 Saturday night in an NFC wild-card playoff game.

Source: Yahoo Sports

2. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Surprise, surprise....lol

1 person likes this.
  3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

lol @ Platoons avatar!! :laughpound: rep

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

If I had photoshop on this computer I'd hack up a quick pic of Reid swinging from McNabb's sack.

5. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

Why wouldn't he be returning? I don't even see why or how a statement like this should have to be made about a guy that does nothing but have one good season after another. Or is this just more of Philly fans not appreciating what they have, so the organization is forced to announce that he'll be kept around so they'll shut up. Mcnabb's a great QB and has been for years.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Lol. Knew this post was coming eventually.

See my post from another thread below:

1 person likes this.
  7. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

This entire post of yours regarding Mcnabb is so far off that I don't know where to start. It's mind boggling actually. The truth is that most Eagles fans don't "deserve" a guy like Mcnabb at all. The organization truly does and it's a good thing that they are one of the best organizations in the NFL and that they don't listen to Philly's crazy fans ( Not all of them.) Mcnabb has been one of the best QB's of this entire decade and will be in HOF talks after he retires. Mcnabb will be there next year and probably the following year as well and rightfully so. He's earned it. If Kolb wasn't already there I truly wish that he would go to another city where fans would actually appreciate the guy for how great he's been.

8. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Reid is not the Owner of the Eagles, or a the General Manager, so its not Reids call... Im sure Reid will give his opinon and thoughts but this "New General Manager" isn't gonna be all on Mcnabbs rod and may want to trade Mcnabb. For some good draft picks to rebuild for the future of the team. Which makes alot of sense, and let Vick and Kolb compete for the starting QB. job next year.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Give me Trent Dilfer and a Lombardi over McNabb's decade of good stats any day.

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Ok but that just shows not all the blame goes on the QB. This last playoff game he was running for his life and wide receivers were being locked down. You could have joe montana back there but if your oline wont protect you it doesent matter. Just like you cant give all the credit to dilfer you cant put all the blame on mcnabb.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I know this. Which is a reason why, in the post above, I included this.

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

funny alot of these sound like some the rguement we were having last year after the big lose to you dudes

13. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

Fine, then get the best defense of all time then.

Until you do that, you'll need a good QB in this league.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Hence, I am looking for the dismissal of McNabb and Kolb to step in.

I know what I am gettin in 5. A solid player, but a guy who doesn't have it in him to win when it's crunch time.

I don't know what Kolb has in him, but I know it's promising.

15. ball in the baskett

Vs the cardinals in the nfc championship dident he put the eagles back in the lead in the 4th q when they were down 24-6 at halftime? Who let down the team sure wasent mcnabb.

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You bring up one game? Come on man.

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Oh, this same yearly argument. Fun.

18. ball in the baskett

You mentioned big games and that was a big game where HE did come up big defense dident. Also last year in the playoffs westbrook dident show up because he was hurt we had no run game and he got us to the nfc championship where we lost not because of him. Jamal jackson really came back to bite us in the butt this year and our protection was crap thats why i think mcnabb played so poorly not because they were big games.

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

" WE WANT VICK" "WE WANT VICK" "WE WANT VICK

Thats every Giants, Cowboys and Redskins fan

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I personally think it would be utterly dumb to trade Kolb, even if you are keeping McNabb

20. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Not surprised that Andy would want to keep him on the team. It looks like there gonna get rid of Vick so you gotta keep mcnabb