AP Keeper trade

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Samson, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

Am I crazy to think I could get Alshon Jeffery for AP 3rd round keeper next year and Marques Colston? The vaule is all in next year but it is still there. His keeper would be Cam Newton 3rd round next year which isn't good. He is also the worst owner in management and record 0-4 with not a lot of hope for the season.

I am not even sure about throwing out options till OCT 8 because it could up his vaule but it could put the final nail in the coffin this year.

Right now my keeper would be McKinnon with 15th round and still have 12 games to find next years gem off FA.

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I like Jeffery, but not sure how much value Colston will have left. He's lost a lot now. If you're only dumping AP to use Colston this year, then it's not a bad trade.

This is kind of a mortgage for the future type trade if you can't keep Jeffery. It helps you immensely for the rest of this year.

You're putting a bit of a gamble on McKinnon being the future, but it does clear space AP is taking up.

I say yes if only for that. See what @LebaneseFF thinks.

3. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

if you can do it.

2 years ago I mortgaged the future for that year. I lost in the championship game on a stat correction. but I would still do that trade all over again if I coudl

4. Samson

The Colston part is just to give him a playable WR this year with jeffery I don't really need him. Even if I go 4WR I would have Dez Julio Jeffery and Marvin Jones/Quick who are on par with colston.

I really only lose AP next year as a 3rd bc he is a 1st round keeper the next year after that he has to go back into the draft pool. I doubt I keep AP in 2 years as a 1st round pick. The difference is I rebuild next year instead of 2 years from now.

I was planning to do this closer to the trade deadline when I would have a better idea who was in and out of the playoffs. I could get higher vaule from a guy who knows he is done for the year. At this point having my bench opened up and getting a top 10-15 player at their position maybe the best option.

McKinnon doesn't have to be my keeper I won't declare till a weel before the draft next year. He just looks like the front runner at the moment considering he was a FA. It is a +2 draft position league. Ex:5th round draft is 3rd round keeper. FA is 15th round keeper in my draft that has 17 rounds.

LebaneseFF likes this.
  5. Greg Brosh

We apologize for understanding yet not understanding. Commissioners are coming up with so many new keeper rules, it's so hard to keep track anymore of how leagues run things.

6. Samson

It started weird and got convoluted. It is +2 draft position first year. Second year same keepee he is a 5th round pick if he was below 5th round. 5th round and up goes by 2+rule so next year 3rd and the next year 1st then aftee that back into the drafting pool. It is as backwards but it just kinda created itself through a couple seasons.

7. Greg Brosh

So in the end it's AP for Jeffery and Colston? Lets leave the keeper stuff out of it.

I say yes since you are good enough with the running backs you have. Plus Colston is a fairly good option at the flex spot.

8. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

yes for me

9. Samson

AP amd colston for Jeffery. Don't think I can get it done without a player you can plug in this year.

10. Greg Brosh

You could offer it to him and then he goes after someone on the wire. You don't really have any other ammo to get rid of. I wouldn't throw in Jones or Bryant.